character specialist, young, enthusiastic, RP
My voice has most often been described as "Radio 4 with enthusiasm", which translate to RP with enthusiasm for those of you not familiar with BBC radio. I tend to use this voice for corporations, documentaries and presentations.
For characters, my voice can range from nasally nerd to chilled out hipster. I am always looking to expand my repertoire for character voices.
For audiobooks my voice can be quiet and relaxing for little ones, or dramatic and exciting for the adventure stories.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
London accent, RP, Estuary English accent, East Yorkshire.
I am an avid fan of characters and am often heard creating my own voices for different things I am doing.
My Voice Experience
- I was head of the drama division for our university radio station where I programmed in the shows we aired. I learnt the basics of the technical side and then used my voice to provide various character voices that were needed.
- As a sales rep I use in store's tannoys every day, manipulating my voice to suit the customers of the store in order to attract them to the booth. In my old job as a box office assistant at a theatre, I also used the tannoy to announce shows and announcements in a formal manner.
- Website advert for Britonne Saddle Savers - Rider #2 and Announcer
- Nomad Rail - Corporate Voice Over for selling Passenger Information Systems.
- Narration for a local company for an audio book called the School Master's Progress.
- Performance via phone in The Experiment. A theatre performance where I rang the audience member in the booth and talked to them about our break up and past memories asking why it didn't work out between us.
- I provided various voices for a psychology study for the University of Oxford. My voices were used in an experiment to see if children and adults could come the same conclusions and how they got there after hearing an interaction between two people.
BA (hons) Drama at University of Huddersfield.
A2 level in Drama and Theatre Studies - New College Stamford
A2 Level in Media Studies - New College Stamford
Voice Acting Workshop - Sugar Pod Productions
Voice Acting Workshop - Cutglass Productions
My Studio Equipment
I have a basic home studio with a Rode NTA-1 microphone with reflection shield. I have access to audiacity for editing purposes.
I am currently a sales rep in the UK for USJesco and use my voice every day. I am learning how a voice can influence and affect people in these situations. I have mainly a customer service background so know how low tones can keep people calm and soothed and have met a lot of interesting characters in that line of work!
I am a sports fan; particularly English football, badminton, rugby and athletics. I do enjoyed learning about new sports and even giving them a go myself.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Piper Story by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Piper Story is a Standard subscriber.
Piper Story does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Piper Story was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Piper Story does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Piper Story was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.