Warm, soft, gentle, easy, relaxed, beautiful, deep
Elevator music may be out of style, but the relaxing, rich sound of an easy-listening radio announcer is a timeless classic. My smooth, warm voice exudes reassurance, comfort and peacefulness with a deep but naturally understated stained-glass quality. My voice is confident, but not pushy; flexible, but not slippery; intelligent, but not snobbish; mellow, but not sleepy; bright, but not brittle; gentle, but not lifeless; mature, but not old. In short, a familiar voice that sounds just right for a variety of applications.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I don't specialize in accents or characterizations.
My Voice Experience
My voice has been heard on radio and television stations in some of the largest markets in the United States, including Philadelphia, Phoenix, Kansas City, and Salt Lake City. My experience as a professional broadcaster, voiceover talent and public address announcer has provided me with a solid foundation for my academic career. Today I'm a professor of broadcast communication at a major university. In addition to teaching courses in broadcast performance and advising student media, I regularly announce the names of graduating students at our commencement ceremonies.
I have a B.S. in Telecommunications Management from Northern Arizona University, an M.S. in Mass Communication from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and a Ph.D. in Communication from the University of Utah. I'm a graduate of the Ron Baile School of Broadcasting in Phoenix, and I also taught at that school. I've held faculty fellowships at KYW Radio/TV in Philadelphia, C-SPAN in Washington, DC, and the Time Warner Media Lab in New York.
My Studio Equipment
I record most voice tracks at my home studio with a Blue Yeti microphone and Adobe Audition software. For more complex projects, I have a good working relationship with Propulsion Media Labs, a local recording studio that specializes in voice talent.
I've worked at over twenty radio and television stations, advised half a dozen student-operated stations, and have been a consultant for many others. I'm an active member of the Broadcast Education Association, Collegiate Broadcasters, Inc., and College Media Advisors.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Philip Thompsen by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Philip Thompsen is a Standard subscriber.
• Philip Thompsen was last active on Voice123 7 days ago