Clear,enthusiastic and assured. Large tonal range.
I am an experienced actor and voiceover artist with an ISDN studio based in London.
Specialising in commercials, corporate narration, technical reading, explainers and e-learning, I also provide character voices for animations and audio drama.
My voice is best described as middle-aged, warm, enthusiastic and assured and is versatile enough to go from smooth to hard sell and silly but please see my web site for voice samples and listen for yourself.
Previous clients include: PBS, BBC, Channel 4, Discovery Channel, Alcatel-Lucent, Motorola, Colgate-Palmolive, Natwest, More Than Insurance, Navman Mobile, Lion TV.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
London, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Standard English, Northern English (Yorkshire), cockney.
Standard American, New York American, Australian.
My Voice Experience
* TV series narrator on "Best Parks Ever".
* UK TV commrcial for Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades.
* PBS TV promo for "The Secrets of Highclere Castle".
* US national commercial for Sony Ericsson WTA Tour 'Hero' campaign.
* Voices of museum exhibits at Ripley's 'Odditorium' Museums (worldwide).
* Web tutorials for Motorola.
* Film Trailer: 'The Screenwriting Detective'. Reproducing a 50s style American announcer.
* Web site narration for De Montfort University
* Voices for animated web site characters for Royal Bank of Scotland and National Westminster Bank.
* Narration for an experimental audio travel brochure
* Male voice for a satellite navigation system.
* IVR prompts
* Multiple character voices for animated short 'Rocket Science'
* Documentary: 'Versailles Uncovered' for BBC4 and Discovery Channel. English dubbing over French.
* Commercial for Local Radio, Manchester.
* Corporate narrations on CD ROM for Centaur Communications and Reed Exhibitions.
* 'Paradise Beach' - Narration for a promotional DVD
for a Brazilian beach resort - Leader Films, Norway.
An American who runs a production company in Norway wanted a British voice to narrate.
I had to commute to Norway for the day but couldn't find any direct flights that would get me there early enough for at least 5 hours in his studio so two flights were necessary. A 6:50am flight from Heathrow to Stavanger with a transfer in Copenhagen which - despite there being 1 hour to transfer - I nearly missed due to delays.
After a long day in the studio, I only just caught the flight back on which I first had to travel in the wrong direction to Oslo in order to transfer back to Heathrow. I got home at about 10pm. Was it worth it? Yes! The client paid for the flights and it remains one of the best paid voice jobs so far.
London Language and Drama School.
VoiceCaster - Voice-over and sight reading tuition.
Game character training with OMUK
ADR and post production training with Louis Elman
Actor/improvisor and tutor at weekly workshops.
Trained pianist and drummer. I believe that rhythm plays a huge part in voice work and that, just like drumming, the bits you don't play are just as important.
Helped out at local amateur dramatics as musical director and vocal arranger, often writing harmony lines.
This helped me discover my range as I could sing the parts for the barritones as well as the tenors.
My Studio Equipment
Own Studio: Acoustically treated.
Mic: Shure PG42 Condenser
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M30
Sound processing: Wavepad Master.
ISDN CODEC: AudioTX Communicator.
Acting, improvisation, musician, audio editing.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Peter Stern by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Peter Stern is a Premium subscriber.
• Peter Stern has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours