NPR Guy, funny, sarcastic
The Daily Show meets NPR meets Regis with Letterman flair - I can do news - I can do comedy.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Paul Leary
My Voice Experience
Social Media Broadcaster, Ops Director, Audio/Video/Live Stream Producer
As a creative director, Paul provides social media promotional services to a variety of local arts organizations, pianists, and artists including Magnum Lounge which was Miami's only New York-style piano bar/restaurant; formerly for Schnitzel Haus Miami, best in fine German cuisine; among other confidential clients. Currently accepting additional clients and non-profit organizations who are looking for LIVE social media broadcasting services.
Executive Producer/Ops at Dark Horse Broadcasting LLC
Jun 2016 – May 2017 West Palm Beach, Florida Area
The company producing The Randi Rhodes Show Radio/TV program. As Operations Manager/Executive Producer had an excellent understanding of studio operations and a collaborative mindset to meet the needs of a dynamic program supporting a broad range of channels.
WLRN Public Radio and Television
On Air Host/Producer/Operations 2006-2016
• On-air Host Saturdays 12-6p and for all day parts/station talent.
• Producer during local broadcast of Morning Edition.
• Maintained smooth air sound with NPR style content; compiled audio for
• Station Operations Assistant; well versed with Content Depot.
• Voice talent for underwriting announcements; traffic, weather during
• Substitute for Program and Operations Manager.
Friends of WLRN Inc., Miami, FL -- Pledge Producer/Host/Special Events -- 2006 – 2007
• Radio and TV Pledge Producer for Miami’s public broadcasting station WLRN. Successfully raised $800K in the shortest time in WLRN history – 5 months later raised more than $700K for the ambitious and dramatically shortened radio campaign 5 Days and 5 Hours.
• Record breaking number of new members - totaling more than $2 million in membership revenue. On-air talent for TV and radio.
• WLRN-TV live pledge broadcasts return after several years of absence.
• Numerous deals with arts organization for TV Pledge including special broadcast American Ballet Theatre ‘The Dream’ from WNET.
• Coordinating 3 major organizations during the first year of Ft. Lauderdale-based events.
• Planned break content, coaching on-air staff, listening and providing feedback. Writing scripts and assisting with developing strategic messaging for fund drives. Developing pitch materials for special premiums, sweepstakes, and other drive incentives.
• Articles for monthly members magazine – Designed/Edit E-Magazine.
• Coordinate special events with NPR, PBS, and other national public broadcasting firms.
NAVTEQ Traffic 2008 – 2011
On Air Traffic Reporter
Substitute traffic reporter for Miami’s (WFLC) 97.3 The Coast, (WHDR) 93 Rock and the Treasure Coast stations: News Radio 1490 WTTB, 93.7 The Breeze (WGYL).
ZG PUBLIC MEDIA, LLC 2008-2010
Independent contractor provided broadcast services. Audio editing, engineering, voice tracking and reporting and produced completed radio packages.
WXEL, W. Palm Beach, FL -- Pledge Producer/Host/Producer -- 2002 – 2006
• On-air talent for all day parts/station talent with a daily on-air shift.
• WXEL/Sun-Sentinel News Anchor/Hurricane Coverage Anchor.
• Fill in host for classical music programs.
• Pledge producer during on-air fund drives, planning break content, coaching on-air staff, listening and providing feedback. When on-air talent, particular exuberance for job and public broadcasting shows through on TV and radio.
• Writing scripts and assisting with developing strategic messaging for fund drives. Developing pitch materials for special premiums, sweepstakes, and other drive incentives.
• This position is an integral part of a dedicated fundraising team. Coordinates and assists with various membership activities, including on-air pledge drives and more. Worked closely with Development Director, along with members, listeners, and volunteers.
• Interviewed national and local celebrities for various programs.
• Host and creator of weekly radio program Saturday Nite with All That's Jazz. Outreach in the community with appearances at jazz performances/organizations.
• Producer/editor weekly talk show Florida Forum: fill-in host, creative editor, development of entire production from its inception in 2004.
• Producer/sound artist: On The Money! WXEL‘s weekly financial talk show.
• On air sidekick/Producer for Chuck Zink’s various radio programs.
• Connecticut School of Broadcasting, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
An intensive study for on-air hosting and in the operation of broadcast equipment: compact disc players, broadcast consoles, turntables, cassette, camera operation, teleprompters, video editing and digital workstations.
• Microsoft, Baltimore, MD, 2001: Windows XP training.
• Emerson College, Boston, MA, 1997: Acting Courses; Audition Workshop Courses.
• Actor's Workshop Training Institute, Boston, MA, 1995 - 1996: Voice/Articulation, and Commercial Acting.
• Boston Neighborhood Network Television, Boston, MA, 1989: Trained for all aspects of video production: camera, lighting, editing, sound, etc.
• Suffolk University, Boston, MA, 1986: Acting Seminar, Training and performance.
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Paul Leary
Worked A two manned mobile event, for over nine months, visiting more than 30 states; Worked at Boston Children's Museum in PR; Entertained at Nursing homes.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Paul Leary by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Paul Leary is a Standard subscriber.
Paul Leary does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Paul Leary was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Paul Leary does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Paul Leary was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.