NPR Guy, funny, sarcastic
The Daily Show meets NPR meets Regis with Letterman flair - I can do news - I can do comedy.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Paul Leary
My Voice Experience
Social Media Broadcaster, Ops Director, Audio/Video/Live Stream Producer
As a creative director, Paul provides social media promotional services to a variety of local arts organizations, pianists, and artists including Magnum Lounge which was Miami's only New York-style piano bar/restaurant; formerly for Schnitzel Haus Miami, best in fine German cuisine; among other confidential clients. Currently accepting additional clients and non-profit organizations who are looking for LIVE social media broadcasting services.
Executive Producer/Ops at Dark Horse Broadcasting LLC
Jun 2016 – May 2017 West Palm Beach, Florida Area
The company producing The Randi Rhodes Show Radio/TV program. As Operations Manager/Executive Producer had an excellent understanding of studio operations and a collaborative mindset to meet the needs of a dynamic program supporting a broad range of channels.
WLRN Public Radio and Television
On Air Host/Producer/Operations 2006-2016
• On-air Host Saturdays 12-6p and for all day parts/station talent.
• Producer during local broadcast of Morning Edition.
• Maintained smooth air sound with NPR style content; compiled audio for
• Station Operations Assistant; well versed with Content Depot.
• Voice talent for underwriting announcements; traffic, weather during
• Substitute for Program and Operations Manager.
Friends of WLRN Inc., Miami, FL -- Pledge Producer/Host/Special Events -- 2006 – 2007
• Radio and TV Pledge Producer for Miami’s public broadcasting station WLRN. Successfully raised $800K in the shortest time in WLRN history – 5 months later raised more than $700K for the ambitious and dramatically shortened radio campaign 5 Days and 5 Hours.
• Record breaking number of new members - totaling more than $2 million in membership revenue. On-air talent for TV and radio.
• WLRN-TV live pledge broadcasts return after several years of absence.
• Numerous deals with arts organization for TV Pledge including special broadcast American Ballet Theatre ‘The Dream’ from WNET.
• Coordinating 3 major organizations during the first year of Ft. Lauderdale-based events.
• Planned break content, coaching on-air staff, listening and providing feedback. Writing scripts and assisting with developing strategic messaging for fund drives. Developing pitch materials for special premiums, sweepstakes, and other drive incentives.
• Articles for monthly members magazine – Designed/Edit E-Magazine.
• Coordinate special events with NPR, PBS, and other national public broadcasting firms.
NAVTEQ Traffic 2008 – 2011
On Air Traffic Reporter
Substitute traffic reporter for Miami’s (WFLC) 97.3 The Coast, (WHDR) 93 Rock and the Treasure Coast stations: News Radio 1490 WTTB, 93.7 The Breeze (WGYL).
ZG PUBLIC MEDIA, LLC 2008-2010
Independent contractor provided broadcast services. Audio editing, engineering, voice tracking and reporting and produced completed radio packages.
WXEL, W. Palm Beach, FL -- Pledge Producer/Host/Producer -- 2002 – 2006
• On-air talent for all day parts/station talent with a daily on-air shift.
• WXEL/Sun-Sentinel News Anchor/Hurricane Coverage Anchor.
• Fill in host for classical music programs.
• Pledge producer during on-air fund drives, planning break content, coaching on-air staff, listening and providing feedback. When on-air talent, particular exuberance for job and public broadcasting shows through on TV and radio.
• Writing scripts and assisting with developing strategic messaging for fund drives. Developing pitch materials for special premiums, sweepstakes, and other drive incentives.
• This position is an integral part of a dedicated fundraising team. Coordinates and assists with various membership activities, including on-air pledge drives and more. Worked closely with Development Director, along with members, listeners, and volunteers.
• Interviewed national and local celebrities for various programs.
• Host and creator of weekly radio program Saturday Nite with All That's Jazz. Outreach in the community with appearances at jazz performances/organizations.
• Producer/editor weekly talk show Florida Forum: fill-in host, creative editor, development of entire production from its inception in 2004.
• Producer/sound artist: On The Money! WXEL‘s weekly financial talk show.
• On air sidekick/Producer for Chuck Zink’s various radio programs.
• Connecticut School of Broadcasting, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
An intensive study for on-air hosting and in the operation of broadcast equipment: compact disc players, broadcast consoles, turntables, cassette, camera operation, teleprompters, video editing and digital workstations.
• Microsoft, Baltimore, MD, 2001: Windows XP training.
• Emerson College, Boston, MA, 1997: Acting Courses; Audition Workshop Courses.
• Actor's Workshop Training Institute, Boston, MA, 1995 - 1996: Voice/Articulation, and Commercial Acting.
• Boston Neighborhood Network Television, Boston, MA, 1989: Trained for all aspects of video production: camera, lighting, editing, sound, etc.
• Suffolk University, Boston, MA, 1986: Acting Seminar, Training and performance.
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Paul Leary
Worked A two manned mobile event, for over nine months, visiting more than 30 states; Worked at Boston Children's Museum in PR; Entertained at Nursing homes.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Paul Leary by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Paul Leary is a Standard subscriber.
• Paul Leary was last active on Voice123 78 days ago