Guy next door, endearing, genuine, conversational
Guy next door, Good energy, conversational, playful, trustworthy, reassuring for narrations/children's books.
Cool, hip , cynical, quirky, goofy or honest, best friend, and warm for commercials.
Honest, clear, intelligent, relatable, natural, genuine for presentations.
15 years performance experience in films, television and video games that brings a believable, conversational voice that has been described as:
Guy next door, boyish, cool, cynical, conversational, eager, mellow/laid back, endearing, fresh, genuine, good energy, hip, naive, intelligent, irreverent, natural , playful , quirky, real, reassuring , thoughtful, intense, trustworthy, honest , vulnerable, nurturing, best friend, gentle, warm and sweet.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Asian Accent, Irish Accent, New York Accent. Kermit the Frog Impersonation.
My Voice Experience
WET (Video Game)
The Wild Thornberrys (Animated) - Chinese Puppy
Fruit Roll Ups (Commercial) - Goofy Ninja getting slapped
TRUE CRIME (Activision Video Game): Triad Boss
Peter Rabbit (AudioBook): Self produced audiobook to replace/update version in local elementary schools. Narration and various character voices
Secret Identities: The Asian American Superhero Anthology (Promo Videos): Created/produced 8 Motion Comics as promotional ads for my own graphic novel anthology, of which can all be viewed here in teh 'Uploaded Videos' section on the right sidebar: http://www.youtube.com/user/SecretIdentAnthology#p/u
- Kalmenson & Kalmenson (Voice Over)
- Susan Blu (Animation) - Cynthia Songe
- Howard Fine Studio (Scene Study) - Howard Fine/Heidi Davis
- The Groundlings (Improvisation) - Chase Winton
- Playhouse West (Scene Study)- Mark Pellegrino
- Theatre Minor - SUNY Buffalo
- Master Scene Study Workshop - Jason Alexander
My Studio Equipment
MXL .009 USB Condenser Microphone 24/96
I am currently the Co-Producer and Director on an animated TV pilot based upon Keiko Agena's (Gilmore Girls) characters, entitled: THE KIDS TABLE.
From my experience as Managing Editor of the graphic anthology, "SECRET IDENTITIES" coordinating 66 different artists and writers along with having optioned screenplays along with 15 years of performing experience - I have developed a keen strength in being able to make the most 'toughest' material (whether on paper or recorded) sound conversational, believable, relatable and basically sound as if your best pal is telling you about a product or topic.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
To contact Parry Shen by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Parry Shen is a Standard subscriber.
• Parry Shen was last active on Voice123 60 days ago