Wry, energetic, authoritative, character expert
Wry, masculine at base; capable of being authoritative and laid-back for presentations, audiobooks, narrations, or dramatic and energetic for promos and spots. I can also deliver a broad range of comic characters.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Insidious reptilian lechers, buffoonish dolts, wage slave workingmen, crack-voiced adolescents, blusteringly brainless anchormen, smarmy pitchmen
My Voice Experience
I've done scratch voices and the occasional rip-o-matic or industrial for 20+ years as a creative director, copywriter and spot producer, hot on the heels of college radio and TV production. Up till now I was the guy on the other side of the glass, calling the shots and manning the board (which gives me a lot of insight into what my clients need and expect), but have recently gone over to the talent side, with work like...
- AVO presentations for Momemtum Worldwide
- Web video and audiobook AVO for Volvant.com
- Web promos for SnakeOrMouse.com
- Copywriting in radio, video, rich media for innumberable clients over the year
BA from Michigan State University's College of Communication Arts & Sciences; one-the-job training as a copywriter, producer and creative director for blue-chip agencies like Tracy-Locke, EuroRSCG, Frankel/Arc Worldwide and others; experience in radio as DJ and newsreader; extensive VO work on industrial and in-house video and A/V productions; accomplished live speaker and presenter.
My Studio Equipment
* Window 7 laptop running Audacity and a number of other editing/cleanup softwares
* Portable VO booth
* Shure SM58 with integrated USB preamp
- Veteran copywriter with radio production experience
- Specializing in radio copy that's sharp, funny, punchy -- from skit-style to monologue/character copy
- Expert at taking and providing creative direction
- Professional from the word "go," thanks to decades in the marcom business
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Michael Semer by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Michael Semer is a Standard subscriber.
Michael Semer does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Michael Semer was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Michael Semer does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Michael Semer was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.