A real guy for the real world.
I can cover a broad range of voice over styles, though I am hired most often for everyman and youthful or quirky reads. I can also be authoritative, edgy, warm and caring. I have a very kid friendly voice and am well suited for narration directed at younger audiences. I do great deal of techy video narration(it's kind of a niche thing), but also do a lot of anti-announcer, understated cool guy reads which have grown in popularity in recent years.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
• I have ipDTL in my studio
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
North American, mid western, east coast, country
My Voice Experience
I have been a voice over artists since 1999 and have voiced 100's of commercial and corporate spots. I have worked as a narrator/voice actor for the clients that include Travel channel, the Shark Reef Aquarium in Las Vegas as well as mom and pop shops, non-profits and everything in between.
I I attend on going VO training workshops and hold a certificate from Berklee college of Music with an emphasis on Post Audio-Orchestration and Producing Music/audio for Film, Television and Games. I am a singer, guitarist, and keyboardist and have been working in the Post Audio field for 15 years both as a talent and producer. I have experience writing music, copy and producing audio for all kinds of media including slot machines, interactive games, film and video. I am a member of ASCAP as both a writer and publisher and have acted as a music supervisor and editor. I have also worked as a jingle singer and producer. I regularly attend AES, Game Sound Con and various voice over workshops that keep me up to date on the latest trends in performing and producing voice over. I also attend composition and orchestration workshops for film, television and games whenever possible.
My Studio Equipment
Avalon M5 and Vt 737 mic preamps, Nueman and U87, and Senheiser HKM 416. Source-connect and Telos Zephyr Extreme. Telos Delta 100 phone patch system.
I have made my living as a musician, singer, voice actor and composer for over a decade. In that time, I've worked on both sides of the glass which gives me a unique perspective on the art of creating audio for all kinds of media. As a voice talent, my experiences give me a broader perspective on the overall project and I bring that experience to each job. That said, voice over is still a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoy it!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Michael Johnson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Michael Johnson is a Standard subscriber.
• Michael Johnson was last active on Voice123 359 days ago