Commanding, Confident, Honest, Sincere, Funny
If you need a story teller, father, grandfather, husband, professor, guy next door, factory worker, corporate exec, salt of the earth, pitchman or......I can be...
"Americana", authoritarian, caring, confident, fun, funny, gentle, genuine, honest, intense, intelligent, persuasive, powerful, sarcastic, sensitive, sincere, warm, wise...and more.
I can be as sincere and comforting as Dennis Haysbert or as snarky as George Carlin.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
San Dimas, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Standard American English plus regional dialects if required.
My Voice Experience
I have done off stage announcing for Lewis Family Playhouse productions, and have two decades of stage experience. My roles range from Prospero in Shakespeares "The Tempest" to George Hay in Ken Ludwigs comedy farce "Moon over Buffalo". I can find the truth of a character and deliver that truth to a theater audience, or the truth in a piece of copy and deliver that truth to its intended audience.
BA Philosophy 1970--CSULB
College classes in acting, voice over, speech, broadcasting and the use of audio editing software--Audition, Audacity, Twisted Wave, ProTools.
Professional voiceover workshops:
Beverly Bremers--2- 6 week workshops
James Alburger and Penny Abshire--3 day "boot camp"
Kalmenson and Kalmenson--VO for Actors 6 week workshop
Marc Graue Studios--professionally produced demo
My Studio Equipment
Home built recording studio.
Alesis Multi-mix 8 USB
Steinberg UR22 mk2
Harlan Hogan VO 1-A mic
Shure SM7B mic
Beyer DT 770 headphones
Oppo PM-2 headphones
Adobe Audition, Audacity, Twisted Wave, ProTools
I've recently retired after a career in sales and sales management. I have a lifetime of presentation experience. In addition, I spent 10 years as a Master Trainer for Rapport Leadership International, working with adults and teenagers in both classroom and outdoor learning environments.
I have a wife of 50 years who can still tolerate me, two adult children who respect me, three dogs who love me unconditionally and two cats who think I'm a huge inconvenience.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Michael Johnson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Michael Johnson is a Premium subscriber.
• Michael Johnson has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours