Elegant, expressive, clear, warm and professional
Warm, elegant and expressive. Clear for narration with classic RP. A sophisticated and authoritative tone, perfect for presentations and e-Learning
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
• I have ipDTL in my studio
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
My Voice Experience
I am a classically trained actress with years of professional experience on the UK stage. I am able to take direction well and am flexible ensuring a tailor made performance for each job. I have an enthusiasm for drama and I love to work until I get it right.
I have been a trainer in voice and drama teaching from young children through to adults. There is nothing I like better than an audience, whether that is in live theatre, the mic or a camera.
I worked for 10 months in 'The Mousetrap' - the UK's longest running play in London's West End, and played Hilary in 'The Woman Who Cooked her Husband' at the Jermyn Street Theatre, London. During a tour of 'The Magic Roundabout' I played in over 40 UK theatres, to audiences between 40 - 2000 people.
Voice over work includes training videos for:
- Belbin Ltd
- CamMag (a magazine for the visually impaired, in Cambridge)
Training videos for:
- CAMRider motorcycle training
- Surrey Police
Vocal and Drama training for:
- NW Brown Financial Services, Cambridge
- St Faith's School, Cambridge
- Marie Curie Cancer Charity
I trained at Guildford School of Acting gaining a Diploma in Acting. This course was entirely vocational. I learned vocal technique for radio, theatre and film. I learned characterisation and breathing techniques. Part of the course included dance training - ballet, modern and tap to ensure stamina of mind and body. My specialisation was Shakespeare, 19th Century European Drama and singing.
I took a Drama degree at the University of Surrey gaining a BA in Theatre Studies.
My Studio Equipment
Røde NT1 microphone
MOTU audio interface
Apple MacBook Pro
I have a purpose-built home studio, therefore professional voice overs can be produced, often at short notice.
Singing, dancing and acting
Payment Methods Accepted
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Meg Dixon by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Meg Dixon is a Premium subscriber.
• Meg Dixon was last active on Voice123 4 days ago