warm, friendly, authoritive, & character
My voice is often described as warm and friendly and this can be a big advantage for narration work. I also have a natural authoritative tone ideal for corporate voiceover work. I also enjoy portraying characters - from pirates to 1950's style RP English. I can also deliver a hard hitting or seductive style for TV or radio commercials.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
RP English, American, Australian, Scottish, Irish, Yorkshire, West Country.
My Voice Experience
Previous voiceover clients have included BBC (World Service, BBC 1 & 2 and Radio 4) Sky Movies, Channel 4, Discovery, Disney Channel, London's Magic 105.4 & numerous corporate companies. I provided continuity links for Discovery Home & leisure for five years singing the praises of Norm Abram's workshop and in more hard hitting style voiced promos for Sky Movies. Working for Disney gave me an opportunity to use some of my acting training and do lots of character voicing. As well as broadcast work I have been involved in a lot of corporate productions where my voice has been heard via the web or at trade exhibitions around the world. In November 2013 I was the voice of the Barclays ATP tennis finals held at the O2 in London.
Spent several years acting with the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain which was a great training ground for for voice projection and training. Many years of presenting radio shows since has also honed my abilities.
My Studio Equipment
Rode NT1 microphone, Alice Soundtech series A mixer, Yamaha amplification, B & W monitors. Adobe Audition software. As well as providing recordings on Wav or MP3 I have a fully equipped ISDN studio.
As well as voicing continuity I have also done a great deal of writing. With my own studio I can also get involved in post production. I have recently branched out into corporate film making - getting involved in pre & post production, film shoots and video editing using Final Cut Pro and Adobe software. I recently recorded and produced a radio documentary for BBC World Service about Las Vegas. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p055jw30)
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Martin Buchanan by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Martin Buchanan is a Premium subscriber.
• Martin Buchanan has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours