fresh, young professional, friendly
Friendly, clear and crisp for on-hold messages, warmer for narrative beds and promos.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Experience has been with straight-ahead reads on most materials, but I've done audio short story work for college courses in California. In these stories, I've been called to differentiate characters with southern U.S. accents, and have also been required to characterize/represent young children and adolescents.
My Voice Experience
Got into the business as a result of working for a SoCal company that was installing its new phone system. Scripted, performed and recorded the files, which are still in use today. Contracted with notable area colleges to to short story reads for English programs, and have done several instructional/training narrations for a worldwide manufacturer of motion control products
Latest projects include scripting and "hosting" a regular podcast series for an international engineering company based in SoCal, and performing narrative beds for technical animations they produce.
Majored in English, Salem State College, Salem MA.
Courses in journalism & photography at Harvard Extension School, Cambridge MA and MCC, Lexington MA.
My Studio Equipment
I record directly to computer using CuBase, and edit in the same software. Finished files are available in a range of formats, including .mp3, .wav, .aiff and others. I have installed an iso-booth in my home, and typically use two mid-level condensers fed through a USB audio interface to leverage the best characteristics of both microphones (i.e., crisp and warm). If it's necessary to run a board, I use a small, 4-channel Mackie.
I've had extensive experience scripting everything from technical training videos to radio spots, so if clients need help or feedback, I'm qualified - and willing - to pitch in. I consider this a "perk," or "value-add" that I can offer to clients who want more than just a read.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Mark Halloran by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Mark Halloran is a Standard subscriber.
• Mark Halloran was last active on Voice123 286 days ago