Elegant, Educated, Wry, Seductive, Friendly
Friendly and caring for charities. Wry sense of humor, sexy and fun for commercials. Smooth, precise and professional for corporate, presentations, or technical work. Trustworthy, and full of integrity where gravitas is required. But can also turn serious reading with a touch of sarcasm to make a joke. I lived in the UK for 25 years, so I can do a British accents well enough to fool any cab driver!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
Studio City, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British standard accent
My Voice Experience
I studied theatre at Northwestern years ago, but found I didn't actually like performing, so I didn't pursue it. After years of working in production, I missed the creativity of acting. I found myself reading books out loud for the fun of it, and listened to alot of audio books. One of the techniques we studied at NU is called 'Interpretation' (I studied with Frank Galati) where you perform books as they are written. I decided to brush up on this skill, and signed up to work with a friend from University who has become quite successful in VO. I learned there is a whole, big-wide world of VO! I spent a year polishing my skills, and learning about the wide variety of work one can do. I love telling stories, so I really love doing narration, but ads are actually really short stories. (I've done alot of work in costume and the point of a great costume is to tell you who the character is within seconds of seeing them. Ads are fun because you have 15, 30 or 60 seconds to nuance all the elements into a few lines). I've been doing alot of workshops with professional VO producers, directors, casting agents, etc - and getting very good feed-back, so it's time to dive in and do it for real!
- Batchelor of Science from the School of Speech at Northwestern University (Theatre)
- Theatre classes in London
- The VO Dojo: 1 year M2M program with Tish Hicks
- Fight Club - mock auditions for decision makers from the likes Disney and Saatchi & Saatchi
My Studio Equipment
I use Twisted Wave to record in my home studio. I have a Sterling Audio ST51 FET mic, run through a Tascam.
The 'Interpretation' side of acting really helps you learn to focus on what the copy says: to make characters distinct. All the various aspects of film and TV I've worked in, boil down to the same thing: how do you tell the story. So if it's 60 minutes of narration, 16 hours of audio book, or 60 seconds of advertising - you have to make the decision that tell the story, and get the message to the audience.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Maggie Walsh by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Maggie Walsh is a Premium subscriber.
• Maggie Walsh was last active on Voice123 24 days ago