Warm, rich, kind, friendly, wry, educated
Warm, accommodating a lower register, my voice has been described as, "quirky meets hot chocolate!"
I've got a similar vocal tone as such highly regarded female actors as Allison Janney, Susan Sarandon, and Scarlett Johansen, Emma Stone, Peri Gilpin, Lauren Bacall, Kirstie Ally, and, Candice Bergen.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Dallas, Texas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents: Indian/Pakistani, Australian (Perth), Russian, French, British, Southern US, Texan, Midwestern US, Brooklyn
Characters: old lady, hag/witch, erudite snob, kid, surreal characters/noises
My Voice Experience
Strong voice, particularly suited to corporate, medical, and long-form narration; commercial; eLearning; IVR
BS Mass Communications/Dance Texas Woman's University 1994
More than 20 years in regional theater performances as an actor, singer, dancer
Two years specifically as a voice actor who can sing well
Nationally acclaimed VO talent as teachers: J. Michael Collins, Tim Tippits, Sen Allen Pratt, Cliff Zelman, Pat Fraley and more.
My Studio Equipment
Mac, CAD M179 mike, Focusrite, Adobe Audition
Armed with an extensive writing background, and, training and experience in medical arenas (specifically bone, vision, and psychology), I am particularly good at breaking down difficult, or, technical/medical terminology, and providing your audience an knowledgeable but empathetic voice.
With over 30 years as an actor also working in restaurants, retail, and office administration, I've learned and honed many concrete sets of work ethics. "If theres time to lean, there's time to clean;" I'm always going to work to help your project shine!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Leslie Ligon by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Leslie Ligon is a Premium subscriber.
• Leslie Ligon has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours