engaging, confident, friendly, articulate, learned
Long-form narration: Fiction
I go for an engaging but smooth tone with most fiction. I want the listener to "buy in" but without spoon-feeding the book to them.
Long-form narration: Non-Fiction
The titles I've done so far for non-fiction present an argument, and I make it my job to convey that argument clearly and convincingly.
Because most listeners are used to the smooth deejay voice and ultimately annoyed by the "Fast Eddie" voice of commercials, I go for a resonant, smooth, and even soothing voice with most of my radio work.
eLearning / Screencasts:
No matter how informative, tutorial or information videos can put people to sleep, so I try to keep these fast-paced and lively. I sometimes go for conversational, as if the watcher is listening to a co-worker explain the matter.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Female
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Female
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Virginia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
southern, hillbilly, grumpy, British, high-brow, funny, northern, nasally, nerdy, pompous, arrogant, learned, smart, wise, crazy
My Voice Experience
Long-form narration (audio books):
- Double Exposure, Fiction, Suspense-thriller
- Pirate Nation, Non-fiction, social/academic
- White Fang, Fiction, Adventure
- The Island of Dr Moreau, Fiction, Sci-fi
- Around the World in 80 Days, Fiction, Adventure
- Hamlar-Curtis Funeral Home, storyteller advert
- Roanoke Valley Libertarians, convincing dialog advert
- Voice of the Blue Ridge, local news
eLearning / Presentations:
- Carilion Clinic, Intranet site tour
- Carilion Clinic, "how to..." videos
Master of Arts, Arizona State University
Bachelor of Arts, Arizona State University
Journalist, Arizona Air National Guard, 6 years
Editor, The State Press, 1 year
Columnist, The State Press, 3 years
Numerous theatre productions: actor, producer, asst director, playwright.
My Studio Equipment
4x4x8 Sound booth, insulated with Auralux sound foam
Rode NT1A condenser microphone
Presonus Firebox audio interface
iMac with Adobe Audition and Izotope Nectar and RX2
- Excellent editing skills and knowledge of industry-standard software.
- Professional work ethic
- Responsive and timely communicator
- Flexible and results-oriented
- Creative problem-solver
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Lawrence Todd by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Lawrence Todd is a Standard subscriber.
Lawrence Todd does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Lawrence Todd was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Lawrence Todd does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Lawrence Todd was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.