Quirky, Hip, Wry, Friendly, Youthful, Funny
Friendly and warm for narrations
Youthful, comedic, quirky, and offbeat for commercials
Professional yet relatable for presentations
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
AMERICAN: Boston, Midwestern (Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota), Southern, California, Comedic elderly New York Jewish
EUROPEAN: English, Irish, Scottish, French, Italian, Spanish
OTHER: Australian, New Zealand
My Voice Experience
I am a SAG-AFTRA stand-up comedian, actor, and voice-over artist.
I’ve been acting since I was 6 years old. Remember that Danny DeVito movie Matilda? I played Hortensia in that film when I was 11.
Of late, I’ve been exploring the world as a travel host and narrator for the series Islands Lost in Time. My favorite place that job has taken me is the Greek island of Hydra: it’s gorgeous... except for all the donkey dung. I was nominated for a Chicago Emmy for my hosting talents on this series.
To get a better idea of who I am, you can see my standup, watch my reel, and check out my commercial and narration demos on my website!
I’m an alumna of the improv training program at Upright Citizens Brigade (LA) and Second City and I’ve taken ongoing scene study classes at Lesly Kahn in Los Angeles.
I have a B.A. in English Literature and a Master's Degree in Modern Literature (so I can read AND understand voiceover copy!)
My Studio Equipment
I have a Samson C01U USB Studio Condenser, a Pop Filter, and a mic stand. I use Twisted Wave audio recording software to record my auditions.
I've been doing voiceover since I was 10 years old, and was even hired to sing on the world's first and perhaps only "Channukah Hip Hop Album"! I narrate the PBS series "Islands Lost in Time" and I regularly perform standup around Los Angeles.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Kira Hesser by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Kira Hesser is a Standard subscriber.
• Kira Hesser was last active on Voice123 325 days ago