friendly, wry, earnest, intelligent, casual, rich
My best commercials are with friendly, real, casual, neighborly, and wry attitudes.
Narrations, for me, are rich, earnest, and expressive.
Lectures (I teach Electricity at a local college), so I can do the teacher/instructor/professor thing: intelligent, scholarly
I also make announcements at a 1048-seat, local college theater, so the announcer voice is there, too.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
, North Carolina, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
At one point I was pretty good at the Elizabethan English accent. It is not the same as a modern English accent.
My Voice Experience
* House Announcer, Central Piedmont Community College, Halton Theater, On-going
Pre-show and intermission announcements pertaining to the current show, in addition to "no flash photography", "turn off all cell phones", and "please enjoy the show."
* Voice Actor, WTVI-TV (PBS), Ch 42, 7/09-3/10
Three emergency opening introduction of guests for Carolina Business Review.
* Voice Actor, WTVI-TV (PBS), Ch 42, 2/09
Announcement that WTVI would cease analog broadcasting on February 12, 2009. Ran for 24-hours prior to event.
* Voice Actor, WTVI-TV (PBS), Ch 42, 10/08
Three "day and time" recordings used in promotional spots.
* House Announcer, Central Piedmont Community College, Halton Theater, 1/08
Opening announcement for comedian Steve Mingolla "The Nice Guy" at a James Gregory comedy concert.
* House Announcer, Central Piedmont Community College, Halton Theater, 12/07 - present
Pre-show welcoming messages to Charlotte Youth Ballet audiences attending "The Nutcracker", "Sleeping Beauty", "Cinderella", "Ballet, Broadway, & Beyond", "Alice in Wonderland", & "Coppelia".
* Voice Actor, Apex Performance, 3/07 - 9/07
Recorded 30+ "affirmational" tracks for professional and personal development of clients.
* Reader/Director, Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic, 2/98 - 2/99
Operated recording equipment for readers of technical and non-technical textbooks. Qualified reader of mathematical texts. Subjects included algebra, geometry, trigonometry, C++ programming, psychology, sociology, history, economics, & government.
* Voice Actor, 54th World Science Fiction Convention "LA Con III", 9/2/96 - 9/4/96
Live mic in Anaheim Convention Center arena, simulated biting & chewing of "Audrey III", the convention's on-stage version of the man-eating plant from Little Shop of Horrors.
* Voice Actor / Co-Producer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas radio play, 11/93
Voice "The Grinch" for self-produced reading, on spec. Cast three actresses for various voices, helped direct, & sourced recording studio & equipment.
* Audio Engineer, WTVI - on-the-job training, helping to coach & direct other voice talents
* Acting 1, Central Piedmont Community College
* Acting for the Voice, Cal Poly Pomona
* VoiceOvers I & II, Learning Annex
My Studio Equipment
Personal Equipment: MXL 990 vocal mics, Audio-Technica DR-VX1 microphones, HTDZ HT-81 shotgun microphone, M-Audio Firewire Solo microphone-computer interface, & appropriate cables
Accessible Equipment: Shure SM-58 & SM-57, Sennheiser ew100 G2 & ew300 G3 series microphones, Denon CD-recorder. ProTools HD.
I am the Audio Engineer for WTVI-42, a PBS television station.
I have taught a basic electrical engineering course at Central Piedmont Community College since the fall of 2007, and am familiar with group presentations. Most of my lectures are 4-5 hours long.
I have operated the sound equipment for the theaters of Central Piedmont Community College for the past 5 years, and am very familiar with stage presentations. I make periodic on-mic announcements for various shows.
I was a Broadcast Maintenance Engineer with WTVI-42 (PBS) where I had Engineer-In-Charge duties for various studio productions.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Kev Salger by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Kev Salger is a Standard subscriber.
Kev Salger does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Kev Salger was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Kev Salger does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Kev Salger was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.