South African accent, animated & versatile
Warm, charismatic and unique, my voice has a wide array of ways to penetrate the complacency bubble of your potential customers.
I am full of life and vitality, which glows through in the reverberations of the words I say. I have traveled to over 20 countries, living in many of them. This makes my voice uniquely worldly and diverse, attracting the attention and resonating with our common human denominator.
Suave, elegant and stylish in professional readings; genuine, funny and animated in informal ones. Please give me a shot to customize my performance for your audience.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Australian
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
• English - South African
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
South African (native), American (Californian surfer + Southern + gangster), English, Scottish, Irish, Australian. Stupid, posh, sophisticated, intellectual, creepy, sleazy, bold, comedic, excitable, bored, impatient, angry, nurturing, tender, welcoming.
Any other with miniscule preparation work.
My Voice Experience
I have performed a voice over for a strategy battle game, animating both the aliens and drones in various accents.
I have been recording my own music for a number of years. Performance is so naturally ingrained in me that as a kid I would put on countless shows for anyone who would listen, eventually moving into the world of videography. Since then I have created, edited and produced many of my own movie clips.
I read extensively and well.
Not a day goes by where people don't comment on how much they love my accent. Please give your clients a chance to love it too!
Received honourable ratings in oral speech evaluations, participated in a number of plays, I'm a musician, I have a bachelor's degree in psychology, I'm an avid public speaker. I love the sound of my own voice :)
My Studio Equipment
Mixcraft 5.0, Cubase, Ulead media production, Sony electric condenser microphone, Audacity
I have used my voice as a paintbrush engaging with the canvas of the world for as long as I can remember. The colors I have learnt how to paint are as rich as the inner world of creativity they stem from. Language is my music, and writing comes naturally. Thank you for taking the time to sample a selection of my soul!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Josh Roberts by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Josh Roberts is a Standard subscriber.
• Josh Roberts was last active on Voice123 5 days ago