narrative, calm, soothing, intense, deep, warm, regal, intimidating,
My voice is deep and notably smooth and warm. I've had experience with promo/announcer/trailer work- I was the VOG for the GLAAD awards in 2016.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Los Angeles, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
English(aristocrat ), Irish, Australian
Sean Connery, Jack Nicholson, Michael Cane, Ian Mckellen, Anthony Hopkins, James Earl Jones (Mufasa, Darth Vader) William Shatner, Jeremy Clarkson, Optimus Prime
My Voice Experience
I was originally sponsored by a voice teacher to move to Los Angeles for singing and from there, quite randomly, got VO work from people who had heard my natural speaking voice. From there, more and more, people suggested I put together demos and submit for auditions. I discovered that I truly love, enjoy and have the passion and the natural ability to do well.
When i was 13-17, I worked part time as a host/anchor for a radio-net in the Bahamas. Along with that, I would read aloud, speak at functions and record scripts/narratives for fun long before I acknowledged it as a possible career path.
Mentee of Ben Patrick Johnson- one of the industries top Voiceover Artists.
Well trained in voice for both Opera and Jazz/R&B/Crooning
Sponsored by Seth Riggs - Founder of Speech Level singing.
Sponsored by John Wustman- Top ranked US accompanist (Song Coaching)
Student of Nathan Gunn - Principal Baritone at the MET
Student of Richard Fredricks- Former Principal Baritone at MET/NYC opera
My Studio Equipment
27in IMac, upgraded memory, ram and graphics.
Logic Pro 9
AKG condenser mic
Mic stands/pop filters
Pair of M-Audio BX5a Monitor speakers
Ultimate Ears Custom In-Ear Monitors
Unknown - Click here to ask Jonathan Smallwood
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Jonathan Smallwood by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jonathan Smallwood is a Premium subscriber.
• Jonathan Smallwood was last active on Voice123 2 days ago