Sunny, Dynamic, Upbeat, Well timed, dude
As can be heard on my demo, my range covers everything from sleek and sexy for your finest restaurant, upbeat and charming for your run of the mill guy, to wacky and crazy for your afternoon kids cartoon hour. Presentations and narrations are handled with a flair for the English language, with both annunciation and clarity. It has a smooth bass texture, with the ability to be in a higher range as well.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Voice operator American, New Orleans, Texan, Northern Irish, Southern Irish, High British, Cockney, Liverpool, Southern American, New York, Italian, German, John Lovitz, Bobcat Goldthwait, basically, any accent can be handled with an example given.
My Voice Experience
I've been in working in voiceover since 2010, and have been acting since high school, doing comedy and improv since college. I know what it takes to bring a character to life on stage, on screen, as well as behind the mic.
Some of my previous VO roles include: Schmiggely in Schmiggely's Stories via Huntley Community Radio, the Frog Prince in the Cincinnati State. I've done AVO for Walmart, Goose Island Brew Company, GolfNOW, and Brownell's, as well as instructional VO for SmartGirls Software, BitBull, and continue to work regularly for Alconost Translation Services.
Other work of mine includes national commercials for KFC and Tums.
I received my BFA in Theater Performance from Ohio University, and am a graduate of the Second City Conservatory as well as the iO Theater's Improv program. I studied voice technique in London, England under Bridgette Panet as well as the School for Theater and Film in London.
Specifically for voice over, I took private lessons with Kayce Alltop.
My Studio Equipment
I have a working Blue Snowball Mic, and use Audacity for any sort of sound production.
I also have studio access through KJ Audio. Anything that needs to be sent outside of reguar home-based production is doable.
I have an ability to pick up voices, pitch, and imitation by hearing a small sample. I have a vast knowledge of movies and character voices, and can mimic and quote on command. If a new character voice is needed, I can do that too, being an improvisor, comedian, and actor.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact John Stiens by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently John Stiens is a Standard subscriber.
• John Stiens was last active on Voice123 266 days ago