Warm, natural, friendly, real, genuine
Versatile, but generally warm, natural, friendly, sincere and believable. Light-hearted, slightly quirky. Inspirational.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• Spanish - Latin American Neutral
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Authentic West Texas accent. Speak Spanish as a second language, so pronunciation of Spanish names an locations is correct. Can read commercial copy in Spanish with a slight American accent. Can read Spanish copy with comical Texas, Italian, or British accent.
My Voice Experience
30 years of on-air radio on-air and production experience have taught me the art of vocal acting. Living in various areas of the United States has taught me the subtleties of regional differences in inflection and vocabulary. I speak Spanish as a second language, so correct pronunciation of Spanish names and locations comes easily. Major work includes Arizona Lottery (radio & TV) and Streets of NY Pizza (regional Arizona), and national spots for Premiere Networks.
30 years on-air radio experience in a variety of formats. 30 years radio commercial voice-over experience. Extensive experience writing and producing radio promos and commercials.
My Studio Equipment
Adobe Audition, Behringer XENYX 1202FX mixing board, and either an AKG Perception 220 condenser mic, or an older Shure SM58. Also own and can use a vintage (late 1940s) Altec 639B "birdcage" mic.
Most recent experience as Program Director and announcer for XM Satellite Radio "Seventies on 7" channel, including personally writing and producing most production for the channel.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact John Clay by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently John Clay is a Premium subscriber.
• John Clay was last active on Voice123 14 days ago