versatile, adaptable, serious to funny
I am a trained voice actor, specializing in everything from natural sincerity to outrageous comedy. I can create wacky characters with my voice, or be your best friend. I do cartoon characters, funny voices, announcers, conversationalists, goofy guys, industrial voice overs, a multitude of accents, and even Mr. Average. I also have an acute sense of comic timing, honed over years of improvisational comedy performances. My voice work, as well as my production abilities, can be heard on my podcast at .
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Alabama, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
American, Russian, Brit, American Indian, Pottsylvanian, leprechan Irish, German, Italian... the more outrageous the better.
My Voice Experience
After 25 years on the radio dial doing comedy bits, I settled down to writing and recording radio commercials. In the last ten years, I have won numerous local and national awards for my work. I have done character voices for many PC adventure games, plus a few animated shorts. I have been writing, producing, and voicing a comedy podcast since 2006
I have a B.S. in Theatre from the University of Mississippi. I was the head of an improvisational comedy group called "The But Seriously Folks" back in the 80's. I have written, produced, and voiced numerous radio dramas and comedies over the years. I currently write, voice, and produce a comedy podcast called "Bell's in the Batfry".
My Studio Equipment
I have a computer loaded with Adobe Audition. Connected to this, I have an MXL V6 microphone. I record in my Whisper Room sound-proof booth.
I am proficient in using Adobe Audition digital audio editor. I do improvisational stand-up comedy, which includes creating comedy sound effects with my mouth (I go by the name of "Prof. Zounds"). I am also active in local theater.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact John Bell by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently John Bell is a Standard subscriber.
• John Bell was last active on Voice123 37 days ago