Youthful, energetic, open, sarcastic, Guy Next Doo
My voice is that of the guy next door or the best friend. I'm more of a real person in that my voice is not the big, deep, boomy, announcer type. I'm very good at sarcasm and irony, but can also be friendly, upbeat, energetic, and accessible. I do pharmaceutical voiceovers as well as a fairly credible Clint Eastwood.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
American English, Irish, British, Humorous French and Italian.
My Voice Experience
I've been in this business for more than 30 years which is nice 'cause it's kept me from having to get a real job. I started as a DJ in small town radio in Wisconsin and Maryland before moving to the University of Florida where I taught copywriting, production, and voicing. From there I moved to Virginia to work at a well known audio production house, producing and voicing national radio spots and TV soundtracks. Since 1994 I have been free-lancing as a voice talent, actor, print model, and MC. Clients include Walmart, Gillette, McDonald's, Sherwin-Williams, Unicel, and many more. Many of my clients allow me to work unsupervised because they know I will do a professional job in a timely manner. I'm a Virgo after all!
I learned how to do this by doing it for over 30 years.
My Studio Equipment
Neumann TLM-103 Microphone, iMac G5 Computer, Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro Mixer, Whisper Room, Pro-Tools LE, Digidesign M-Box II, RNC1773 Compressor, Prima LT Codec. It's a sweet little set-up.
I'm a good copy editor as well as a good audio editor. I can complete your tracks so they are broadcast ready as I've been doing this kind of thing for as long as I've been voicing spots. I also mentor young voiceover talent and play the ukulele!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Joel Haberli by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Joel Haberli is a Standard subscriber.
• Joel Haberli was last active on Voice123 39 days ago