silly, serious, upbeat or off the wall, 100+ voices
Not your typical VO. But that's a good thing.
With an extensive background in theatre, comedy and music, I've developed a cache of characters and some impressive impressions...
..allowing me to go from folksy to funny to sincere to satirical - and all in the first sentence!
Plus, with 20+ years experience as award-winning copywriter, I know JUST the read you're looking for.
So should the need arise, I can offer you invaluable services from branding to concepts to creative to copy to completed recordings.
If not, you have my guarantee I won't mess with your script (which is quite impressive coming from a copywriter, don't you think?!)
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
baton rouge, Louisiana, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Dozens of famous characters from Cartoons to Classic Hollywood, as well as cowboys, surfers, southerners, leprechauns, and depressed Methodist bowlers.
British, Asian, Australian, plus tons of localized American dialects (cowboys, surfers, southerners, Brooklynites, leprechauns and more).
My Voice Experience
Boatload of local, regional and national experience behind the mic - and in front of the camera.
Partial client list includes:
• Pennzoil Motor Oil
• Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers
• Jiffy Lube
• Minute Maid
• Marucci Sports
• Wolf's Head Motor Oil
• United Way
• Coastal Commerce Bank
• Blue Cross Blue Shield
• Business Report / 225 Magazine
• Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry
• Window World
• Houston Community College Consortium
• Baton Rouge Community College
20+ years experience as advertising copywriter,
15+ as voice over and on camera talent.
Over that time, have created, written, produced, voices and appeared in a bazillion TV and radio spots.
And I still love it.
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Jim Overbey
As an experience, award-winning advertising copywriter and voice over, here's what I can also bring to the table:
- ON-CAMERA spokesperson
- VOICE OVER for commercial or corporate videos, or any place
needing an announcer, character or impression
- CREATIVE CONCEPTS for building/strengthening brands
- COPYWRITER for radio, tv, print, internet, etc.
from scratch or just punching up existing scripts
- CASTING of add'l on-camera or VO talent
- COORDINATE all recording / editing production
- JINGLE-WRITING or procure just the right music track for your project
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Jim Overbey by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jim Overbey is a Standard subscriber.
• Jim Overbey was last active on Voice123 151 days ago