Character/narration/big voice/NATURAL SMILE
From warm and sincere to hard sell "car dealer" approach. News headlines to love songs. I LOVE doing character voices and dialects.I'm always learning.
I am told that my natural voice has an inate friendliness to it.
I LOVE taking and following direction when in studio.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Female
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Several variations of British and American as well as/Indian/French/German/Irish PLUS many different voices to perform them! I ALWAYS have fun with those!
I'm still working on Scottish and Aussey. I am working on them because they are so close to British.
My Voice Experience
National voiceovers and imaging for radio and television FULL TIME since 1993. ALL FORMATS. In the radio business since 1977.
Prefer voice only but quality full production is also available.
Real time sounding voice tracking(ENCO) for radio.
Narrations, phone systems and regional spots as well as local on camera work.
I have been on live radio since 1977 and have been on air in Providence(RI), Boston, and now in New York.
Also a singer/musician since 1972.
My Studio Equipment
With current technology, my studio equipment has "shrunk" rather dramatically since I started in 1992 with my two Atari MK50-50 reel to reels (with grease pencils) and a room full of CD players, cassette decks and tape boxes...while it's capabilities have grown.
My studio has:
AKG C414b studio mic through a Pre Sonus processor.
Mackie 1604 ANOLOG board (Because of it's great pre-amps)
Adobe Audition- A super program with virtually every audio format capability and add on's galore.
My favorite leather armchair!
Client service is very important to me and I have a track record to prove it.
Virtually ALL of my success as a full time voice talent can be attributed to referrals from people with Whom I have had the great pleasure and good fortune to have worked alongside over the years.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Jim O'Brien by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jim O'Brien is a Standard subscriber.
• Jim O'Brien was last active on Voice123 191 days ago