Quirky, Snarky, Characters, Sexy, Friendly, Smart
Smart, intelligent, wry, sarcastic, quirky, funny, snark, snarky, friendly, conversational, happy, real, warm, welcoming, inviting, youthful, fresh, professional.
Jill Melancon offers a down-to-earth voice that is completely natural; a combination of smart and friendly. She has been a voice in the industry for over 20 years for clients like The Washington Post, New York Times/Paramount Network, The Paris Review, BevMo, TCM Filmstruck, Baskin Robbins, NAPA Auto Parts, Community Health Systems, and the American Cancer Society.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Neutral and Southern English are specialties, but can pick up most accents pretty easily. Can play everything from a 10 year old boy to middle aged woman.
My Voice Experience
Jill has worked as an on-air talent in radio for over 20 years, doing hundreds of :30 and :60 commercials, tags, and promos. She has also done commercials, jingles, industrial narration, videogames, TV promos, and voicemail recordings for clients like The Washington Post, New York Times/Paramount Network, The Paris Review, BevMo, TCM Filmstruck, Baskin Robbins, NAPA Auto Parts, Community Health Systems, and the American Cancer Society.
B.S. in Commercial Music, B.A. in English Education, and M.A. in Theatre as well as voice-over training with Bob Carter and September Day (commercial), Jeffrey Umberger (audiobooks), Carrie Olsen (eLearning), and Bob Bergen (animation) in addition to over 20 years in radio. She has both acted and directed for the stage, and was a classroom English teacher for 12 years--"performing" in front of an audience every day! As part of her teaching duties, she was also an advisor for the school newspaper, sponsor of Academic Bowl, and has done newscasting and traffic as part of her radio gigs.
My Studio Equipment
Rode RT-1A mic, AKG C2000B mic, M Audio Fast Track Pro mixer, FocusRite Scarlett Pro mixer, Sennheiser headphones, custom built computer, phone patch via Skype, access to ISDN.
Jill is adept at reading difficult texts and making them sound natural. She is also a reader for state Academic Bowl tournaments and does an awesome Ethel Merman impression :-)
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Jill Melancon by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jill Melancon is a Premium subscriber.
• Jill Melancon was last active on Voice123 15 days ago