Warm and masculine; can do Elegant, Cowboy, Biker
My straight voice is best described as warm and masculine. I'm often requested to voice commercials for wine shops and haute cuisine restaurants.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Female
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Reno, Nevada, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Gruff Cowboy or Biker voice, an excellent Dracula or Ghoul voice, French, German, Russian, Southern, Boston, New York, British/Irish/Scottish character voices. One character I voiced in a western novel was a French prostitute!
My Voice Experience
How many people do you know who can list Game Show Host on their resumes? Yep, I hosted a game show for six years. The rest of my twenty years experience is mostly in radio announcing and commercial production. I moved to Reno to continue radio but also get into casino emcee and announcing work.
University of North Texas, Denton, TX--Communications and Performing Arts, two years
CompuMaster Computer User Course, Denver, CO
Circuit Masters A/V Electronics Course, Nashville, TN
Real To Reel Recording Techniques Course, Dallas, TX
My Studio Equipment
Shure SM7b Studio Mic, Berringer mixing board, four computers (2 Macs, 2 PC's) with CoolEdit and Audition, SoundEdit, Audacity, big libraries of music and sfx, sound absorption panels on walls
If your project is for video I have lots of live appearance and some on camera TV experience, and my home studio is equipped for video mixing and editing.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Jarvis Hooten by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jarvis Hooten is a Standard subscriber.
• Jarvis Hooten was last active on Voice123 180 days ago