Non-fiction: intelligent but friendly readings. Fiction: mood-matching; mood-creating.
Baritone with resonance. I enjoy finding the right tone and style for each project.
• For academic/educational/technical materials, I sound as though I understand the material and I'm trying to convey meaning, not just read gibberish. But really, for pretty much any voice product, I feel that conveying a desire to communicate is part of the overall effectiveness (entertainment value, educational value, PR value, salesmanship...).
• For industrial voiceovers and documentaries, I can sound both authoritative and warm or friendly. At the same time, if necessary!
• For dramatic materials, my character voices range from young adult to elderly.
• I don't do impersonations, but if given a model, I'm very good at reproducing the overall effect in terms of tone and rhythm.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
L.A., California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Some regional US accents; some British accents for small roles; some non-native-English accents (French, Russian).
My Voice Experience
Many thousands of hours of experience voicing documentaries, academic and educational and edutainment materials, industrial materials (public relations, publicity, training materials, commercials, point-of-sales videos, etc.), dramatic materials (live-action ADR lip sync; animations, anime), etc., etc.
Winchester College, U.K.
Yale College (BA, MA)
Williamstown Summer Theatre Festival Apprentice Program
English versioning for NHK news, documentaries, and edutainment (Tokyo)
Don LaFontaine Voiceover Lab training sessions (SAG FOUNDATION, L.A.)
My Studio Equipment
Mic: Sennheiser MKH416 condenser shotgun
Pre-amp: Focusrite ISA One
Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Software: ProTools 12.5
Hardware: Mac OS 10.12.4
I've done quite a bit of translating and writing and content-development for documentaries, ESL educational materials, TV & radio & Web commercials, public service videos, anime and live-action dramas, etc. I've even done some directing and some production/post-production coordinating and supervision. This variety of exposure to production processes has given me some insight into the value of the division of labor! So right now at Voice 123 I'm focusing on voice work, and concentrating on how to give clients a reading that will fulfill--maybe surpass!--their expectations.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Jamie West by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jamie West is a Premium subscriber.
• Jamie West was last active on Voice123 23 days ago