Upbeat, Intelligent, Precise, Scottish
Scottish accent that is Precise, intelligent and upbeat.
I am equally comfortable in RP, or standard English, and the various shades between this and my native accent!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Scottish, RP, Estuary English, Cockney, London, Northern English, North West, Lancashire, BBC English, Southern Irish, Northern Irish, Standard American, New York, Southern American, Italian, German, French
My Voice Experience
I am currently the voice of National Numeracy's Challenge Online campaign.
I am also playing Oedipus in the radio version of Oedipus Rex for AudioScribble. I recorded two radio dramas for the London Contemporary Theatre: Romeo and Juliet (playing Friar Lawrence & Prince) and Macbeth (playing Macduff & Witch 1).
I just finished an audiobook (Deadly Divorces), and already have another on sale at Audible (Coping With Childhood Asthma). I also represent the Glaswegian accent in Peter Layton and Janet Howd's latest edition of Real Accents.
Drama Studio London (1 Year Acting)
Voice training from Tessa Wood
Radio training from Jilly Bond and Peter Craze
Ph.D. in Computing (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH)
B.Eng. in Electronics and Computer Science from Edinburgh University
My Studio Equipment
Zoom H4n at home
Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Unknown - Click here to ask Jamie Laird
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Jamie Laird by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jamie Laird is a Standard subscriber.
Jamie Laird does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Jamie Laird was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Jamie Laird does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Jamie Laird was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.