Original characters, baritone/bass, musical.
- I have experience reading very official, neutral copy for retail purposes that are reaching large audiences for Zappos.com and Amazon.com.
- Experience editing and honing copy to fit timelines.
- I also have acting experience that lends my voice to a wide array of affectations, from comedic to dramatic.
- My voice would most aptly be described as a low baritone.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Kentucky, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
- Accents I am comfortable impersonating: variations of British accents, Australian, Russian, Scottish, Irish. I'm also comfortable characterizing variations of New England accents as well. These are hyperbolic representations largely for comedic purposes.
- I have experience mimicking existing voices as well as offering original characterizations.
My Voice Experience
- Zappos.com (2010 to 2013) served as on-camera talent and produced a high number of videos. Worked largely as an improviser on camera in this position.
- Amazon.com (2013 to 2014) served as voiceover talent and read product descriptions.
- Worked as a writer of on-stage programming in the summer of 2006 for LifeWay Camps at Glorieta, New Mexico.
- Wrote and directed for comedy onstage for TNL at the BCM at Morehead State from 2005-2008.
- Served as freelancer for music composition starting in roughly in 2011.
I have two Bachelor's degrees from Morehead State University. One is Electronic Media/Production and another in Philosophy.
I've played in a number of professional/touring music acts (The Deloreans, Go Mordecai!, the Jason Lovins Band) and I am very comfortable composing music and producing it.
My Studio Equipment
I record in a home studio that is equipped to isolate sound very well. I work on an iMac and use Ableton Live for both music and voiceover production. My current interface is a Presonus FireStudio, but I am always upgrading and improving this side of my production.
In terms of microphones, I have access to many! My preferred microphone is a dynamic: the Sennheiser 421. This is a high quality microphone that focuses well on one signal and prevents loud sound floors (hisses, pops, ambient sound). I also have a Shure PG81 and Bluebird.
Aside from using Ableton Live I primarily work with an extensive Waves plugin suite that offers me a great deal of options in terms of the actual sound of the voiceover.
My strongest asset in developing and seeking voiceover work is that I am malleable. If I do not have an existing approach that would accommodate the demands of a project, I feel that I have the tools and ability to create one! Aside from that, I work quickly. I have experience in high production, low mistake environments that demanded collaboration with a wide variety of companies sold by previous employers.
I can make your copy come off the way you intend it to!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact James Mann by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently James Mann is a Standard subscriber.
James Mann does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
James Mann was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
James Mann does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. James Mann was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.