Strong, Sensuous, Warm, Commanding and Charismatic
I have a powerful voice which could be exactly what you are looking for, for your product, project, production or campaign.
I would describe my voice as naturally rich, warm and deep, commanding and charismatic
My voice has also been described as both sensuous and comforting. I am "well spoken" and professional in both approach and character
I have a good sense of humour and a cheeky intonation when necessary or appropriate.
I am a big guy, with a big personality. This comes through in my voice, tone and delivery - I have presence and gravitas and people warm to me.
I have great tone, inflection and character in my voice and I believe that I can enrich an event or prodution or project through the persoanlity which comes through in my voice.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I have been told that my accents in Welsh, Irish, Scottish, French, Australian, South African and North American are all very convincing.
Regional accents in England, such as Devonian, Cornish and Bristolian and some northern variations.
Amongst others, I can offer a great West Walian / Welsh accent.
Try me - hear what I can do!
My Voice Experience
I have worked with BBC in numerous areas of the UK.
Most of my work has been in the sports commentary genre, but I have been used in private productions and events to commentate, speak, announce and compare.
Educated at Clifton College in Bristol (I have 8 O. Levels and 3 A.Levels).
I was an avid am-dram participant throughout my school career.
I attended UWIC in Cardiff, where I studied a Sports Science degree (BA Hons) and a PGCE.
I have worked with local radio stations commentating on sport (Rugby & Cricket) and I was invited to commentate on the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final, for Solent Radio in Southampton.
I now present programmes for a radio station in the UK and work for the BBC as a sports correspondent.
My Studio Equipment
- sE Acoustic Sound Screen / Portable Sound Booth
- sE 2200A Condenser Mic & Shockmount
- sE Electronics sE Studio Microphone Pop Screen
- Beyerdynamic DT 100 (400 Ohm) Studio Headphones
- Alesis Multimix 8 MK2 USB 2.0 Compact Mixer
- Behringer Denoiser
- Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio
- Cubase Software
- Zoom H6 Recorder
As a teacher I have a charismatic and interesting voice, and am able to vary my delivery, employing a range from confident and authoritative, through to reassuring and supportive, amusing, genuine encouraging and enthusiastic.
I have travelled widely and enjoy mimicking accents and characters which I have heard, met and interacted with.
I am friendly, amusing when necessary and easy to get on with within all situations. I am a good team-player and intuitive individual.
I believe that I have a high level of emotional intelligence and an ability to read a situation well and respond in a manner which enriches the surrounding social atmosphere - which helps with the delivery required for many different projects.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Wire transfers
To contact James Alvis by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently James Alvis is a Standard subscriber.
• James Alvis was last active on Voice123 102 days ago