Friendly, warm, authoritative, smooth, intelligent
I have an intelligent and confident, trustworthy voice that is warm, soft and silky for narration and authoritative for documentaries. Fun and playful for commercials, hosting, instructional. I do various dialects from deep Southern, to Bronx, British RP to Cockney, East and West African as well as French and Irish. I also love to play with gaming voices.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
• English - South African
• French - European
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
NY, NJ, CT, PA, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
American:North and Southern, Brooklyn, Bronx, British RP to Cockney, African East West/ South; Jamaican, Haiti, Bahaman, French, Australian, Irish, Italian
My Voice Experience
I have recently done voice-over recording for ABC 20/20- a segment on the 2009 Somali hijackings doing the native Somali voice translation in English, a documentary film, "Heirs to Byzantium": a perspective on the cultural ties of Byzantine history and American religion, the National Geographic Channel's "Crime and Punishment"- a number of African voices. I've done narration for a dramatic play that's being packaged on DVD for Greenwich Street Films, as well as narration for a slave documentary for PBS' "Wayfaring Stranger and radio tags.
Most recently I played a character who is a native of Zimbabwe and spoke the native language, Shona. It was so gratifying to learn a new language.,
I'm gifted with a resonant voice and my New York Shakespeare training at the National Shakespeare Conservatory and John Kane from the Royal Shakespeare Company, has been a huge asset in knowing how to color the words and give emphasis where needed, as well as having performed dozens of theatre plays throughout my career. I've also worked with renowned dialect coach, Robert Blumenfeld of the Stella Adler Conservatory in NY. One of my strengths is taking direction very well, and improvisation helps my broad imagination.
My Studio Equipment
I spent 2 years working for an a Sound Technician for a large church which housed it's own audio studio with varous soundboards/equpipment of which I used on a daily basis. I recorded live events - concerts, weddings, speeches,etc and edited them in different formats such as analog to digital.
Examples of equipment were: Mackie, Soundcraft, Yamaha, Telex and more.
I use Garageband/Audacity / am learning Pro Tools and will be investing in & have ISDN Source Connect on my iMac for recording audio and editing to my video recording for my talk show which I do online once a month on youtube. I'm a writer and interested in the process of filmmaking so I'm interesting in all production areas, including souned.
In addition to my voice-over career, I'm actively engaged in acting, writing my own materials which gives me a better understanding and appreciation of the studio side of the art as well as a voice-talent.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Gregory Mikell by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Gregory Mikell is a Standard subscriber.
• Gregory Mikell was last active on Voice123 160 days ago