Friendly, Personable, Honest
I'm the young fellow that just recently started working at the teller desk at your local bank.
I'm the friendly local that will gladly take your family's picture in front of the touristy landmark when you're on a road trip (and I give the smartphone back every time!).
If you had your way, the people who answer the phone at the cable company would sound at least a little something like me.
My name's Geoff. My voice is an amiable, honest-to-goodness young baritone that's here to help. It lends itself quite naturally to e-learning, explainer videos, and IVR messaging. It's well-known that media advertising trends have shunned haughty announcers in favor of neighborly, relatable voices. My voice has found a place in that niche as well.
Shortly, if your project calls for a voice that is:
- Clear, but not booming
- Knowledgeable, but not overzealous
- Confident, but never talks down to you (unless that's specifically what you want!)
... then I'd love to help you connect with your audience!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
El Dorado, Kansas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents in English: American neutral, Texan, Southern Gentleman, Appalachian, New York, British (received)
Characters - High fantasy dwarves, elves, orcs, goblins
My Voice Experience
My work has been heard in E-learning courses, podcasts, audiobooks, and on the radio. Recent projects include liner and intro VO for a gaming podcast, and narration for a large E-learning project for an industry-leading big data software suite.
Though not formally educated in mass communication, I have three years' experience in radio broadcasting, which encompassed several functions including production, on-air presentation, and news reporting.
I'm fortunate to be married to a voice-over professional with over 15 years of industry experience. She has nonetheless been a constructively critical and fair-handed coach as I have learned the art of voiceover.
As a musician, I am keenly aware of rhythm, tonality, tempo, and mood setting. By analogizing a script as a piece of sheet music, I'm able to more effectively dial in to the desired delivery style.
Though it may not seem immediately relevant, I've also spent a considerable amount of time as a call center operator. This is where I mastered the art of friendly, confident delivery, where you wouldn't think I was reading a script if you didn't know better.
My Studio Equipment
AudioTechnica AT2035 mic, CAD Trion 3000 mic, Audiobox USB Digital Interface, Adobe Audition CC DAW
Unknown - Click here to ask Geoffrey Abegg
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Geoffrey Abegg by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Geoffrey Abegg is a Premium subscriber.
• Geoffrey Abegg was last active on Voice123 47 days ago