Fresh, Sweet, Versitle, Dialects & Characters Pro
Young, warm, sweet and fresh for narration, great with characters and dialects
Sexy, youthful, and fun for commercial work and video games
A great story teller, with a lot of emotional depth and range available for narration, video games, film and television, etc.
Clean, professional, and soothing for presentations, informational recordings, e- learning, etc.
Great at young teen or kids voices
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Massachusetts, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Dialects: Deep South , southern twang, Classical American, RP, cockney, Boston, New York- Bronx, Long Island, Jersey, Irish, Scottish, Spanish, French, German, Polish, Russian, Mexican, very adept at learning specific dialects
Characterizations: Children, babies, talking animals, maternal, elderly, masculine, goofy, funny, cute, seductive, bubbly, uplifting
My Voice Experience
Gail is currently voicing the young adult novels 'Patty Gayle and the Legend of Kingsley' and 'Me and Timothy Cooper' for ACX.com, available on Amazon, iTunes, and Audible. Her previous voice over credits include narrating 'The Shenandoah Spy' with over 50 different voices and recording the baby voices in the musical demo 'My Last Time in New York. As a part time puppeteer, Gail loves finding new character voices.
Gail has been told by many that her sweet and fresh voice was made for voiceover. She has a shimmering sense of humor and wit in her readings, as well as a vibrant and tangible emotional range. Performing voice over has been a lifelong dream and she is proud to finally be doing it.
Besides her natural propensity for words, language, and telling stories, Gail has a wide array of top-notch training: she holds a BFA in Acting from Boston University and has trained with the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, Shakespeare and Company, Williamstown Theatre Festival and others. A passionate performer and scholar of Shakespeare, she has seasoned dexterity with text and imagery. She loves using her voice in every way (singing, speaking, making sound) and it is the core of her work as an actor.
Gail has a home recording system. She does her own editing and takes pride in delivering in a timely and professional manner. She works hard, plays hard, and takes direction extremely well.
She is also an accomplished stage actress, and you can find more on her website.
-BFA in Acting from Boston University with a concentration in Shakespearean Lit
Studied dialects, Linklater, Roy Hart, IPA/ diction, Musical Theater at BU
Certification from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts in Classical Theatre
-Studied Linklater, voice and speech, diction, singing, text analysis, and breath work at LAMDA
- Old Vic New Voices workshop in NYC- Best of the British
- Williamstown Theatre Festival apprenticeship, trained with Upright Citizens Brigade
- Berkshire Theatre Group Musical Theater Plays! For two seasons
- 10 years of training with Shakespeare and Company in performance and text delivery
My Studio Equipment
I have a home studio and use my Blue Snowball mic ( pop filter) with Audacity on my MacBook Pro. I just upgraded the quality of my studio space, lining it with acoustic sound dampening foam.
All tracks are QC'd and mastered on my Mac, unless otherwise farmed out.
Please refer to experience section and my website to read about my vast array of performance experience, from VoiceOver to puppets, to stage and film. I am also great at ground up promotion, having performed in two international film festivals, debuting several new works, and working as a freelance narrator. If you want a hard worker who sees things through and takes direction, I'm your girl. I love to work with you to make your product the very best it can be, and something we are all proud of.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Gail Shalan by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Gail Shalan is a Standard subscriber.
• Gail Shalan was last active on Voice123 38 days ago