Smooth, Resonant, Deep, Friendly Guy Next Door
To summarize my style in 3 words: "Fresh-Ground Voice."
Okay, more specifically, my "core" voice is a resonant bass/baritone "real guy" with the ability to sound wry, articulate, 30s-40s age range. I've had a great deal of singing experience (with private lessons) which, I believe, makes for a fuller and richer delivery -- especially for longer VO projects such as Narrations and Industrials. My many years of singing with choruses (currently The Apollo Chorus of Chicago) has given me the skills and experience to take good direction and perform to very high standards. My college degree in Communication, membership in Toastmaster's International, Improvisational acting classes and 8+ years as a VO artist have all helped to get me to this level of professionalism.
Oh, and as for "Fresh-Ground Voice?" Well, my style is Fresh, I have a Grounded voice quality and I'm ALL that I'm cracked-up to be! And THAT'S Nothing to Sneeze at!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Here is a selection of unique character styles I can offer:
1)"Dan-O-Matic": I can mimic Most male prerecorded and/or "canned" announcements -- everything from the truly robotic -- to the smoothest, warmest sounding man.
2)"Mrs. Danfire": You remember Robin William's character "Mrs. Doubtfire," right? I come amazingly close.
3)"Dorf": You remember "Wharf" from Star Trek, right? The Klingon? I could even impress Michael Dorn, himself.
My Voice Experience
• Genesee Community College. Paragon Advertising. Buffalo, NY
• Peddler’s Consignment Shop. Creative Concepts of W.N.Y. Buffalo, NY
• Forces by Proxy (The Unifying Particle). Industrial Videos. Norway, Sweden.
• Tavco Marketing and Media. Industrial Videos. Buffalo, NY
• Haverhill North Coke Company. George Street Prod. Chicago, IL
• Quaker Boy Ridge Runner. Creative Concepts of W.N.Y. Buffalo, NY
• Advanced Manufacturing Tech. Creative Concepts of W.N.Y. Buffalo, NY
• Pre-show narration for John Gabrielle. Sky Magic. Los Angeles, CA
• The Apollo Chorus. Baritone Section Leader. Chicago, IL.
• Chicago Symphony Orchestra Community Chorale. Baritone.
• Law and Order. Background Extra. New York, NY.
• A Bronx Tale. Background Extra. New York, NY.
• Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Role of a Doctor. Buffalo, NY
• Voice Over U. Sherri Berger. Chicago, IL.
• V.O.I.C.E. 2007 Convention. Las Vegas, NV.
• Private Voice (Singing) with Cole Seaton. Chicago, IL.
• Jeff Lupitan’s Voiceover. The Audition Studio. Chicago, IL
• Improv Olympic (I.O.) Improvisation. Chicago, IL
• Second City’s Improvisation Intensive. Chicago, IL
• Private Voice with Bereniece Jones. People’s Music School. Chicago, IL
• Toastmaster’s Intl. Of Lincoln Park (CTM). Public Speaking. Chicago, IL
• Toni Silveri’s (SAG/AFTRA) Voice Actor’s Workshop. Buffalo, NY
• Chameleon Communications, Inc. VO studio workshop. Buffalo, NY
• B.A. in Communication from SUNY at Buffalo. Cum Laude. Buffalo, NY
My Studio Equipment
M-Audio Fast Track Pro Interface
N-Track, Adobe Audition and Audacity Recording Software
Shure SM-58 and Nady SCM-1000 microphone.
• “Klingon Warrior" (Dorf), “Dude,” “Texan,” “Automated Recording” (Dan-O-Matic), and “Nanny” (Mrs. Danfire)
•Singing, Public Speaking, Flight Attendant, Computers, Volunteer on-air reader for "C.R.I.S. Radio," Chicago, On-Camera Experience (Headshot available)
UNIQUE BENEFITS OF BEING A FLIGHT ATTENDANT, TOO:
•I have Tremendous flexibility with my schedule AND can fly "free", space-available, ANYWHERE United has routes!
•My laptop and portable studio go with me on every trip!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Daniel Miller by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Daniel Miller is a Standard subscriber.
• Daniel Miller was last active on Voice123 41 days ago