Guy next door, warm, calm, comforting, informative, professional
I offer a broadcast-quality product with super-fast (often same-day) delivery. I am happy to have a directed session via Skype, phone patch, Source Connect, or ipDTL.
I provide the following general style of voice for my projects. If there is something specific you are looking for, please don’t hesitate to ask. (Be sure to listen to my demos for examples.)
* Young adult to middle-age male
* “Generic” North American accent plus many regional accents
* Business professional to conversational educator to “guy next door” to gritty and blue collar to excited and animated
* Video game and animation characters to fit your project
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
• I have ipDTL in my studio
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Amarillo, Texas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
North American (can adopt many dialects, or go "accent-less"), Gritty, Southern, Western, "Redneck".
For videogames and "cartoony" applications, I enjoy doing gruff, authoritative voices, silly characters and exaggerated voices.
My Voice Experience
I provided a voice over for my first series of radio commercials in 1992 at the age of seventeen. I was acting in a professional theater in Irving, Texas, and an audience member (who happened to be a professional audio producer with his own studio) loved a character I was playing, and thought the voice would be perfect for a radio commercial series. I've been hooked ever since.
I continued with theater for a few more years, until being a husband and father necessitated I pursue a more lucrative career. I spent the next 18 years of my life as a technical writer, professional computer/network technician and website developer; then two years as Creative Director of a marketing department. During that time I had many opportunities to record a radio commercial here-and-there, and especially produce in-house telephone menu recordings; training, explainer and instructional videos; and recorded presentations.
Also, for more than a year, I produced CDs from lecture cassettes I received in the mail for a weekly lecture series out of Arlington, Texas. This involved a lot of conversion, normalization, time and cleanup. That's when I fell in love with Cool Edit Pro 2.0. I've been using that software, now Adobe Audition CC 2015, ever since.
In 2015, I started a full-time in Voice Over and built "Fort Silence Studio" - my own professional recording studio.
I am free to record at flexible times, I'm easy to work with, and I take direction well. I provide a fast turnaround, and don't call a project "finished" until the client is pleased with the work. I don't miss deadlines, and I'll do everything I can so I can always say that with a clear conscience.
I enjoy working on wide variety of projects. I'm always happy to submit a sample or audition for your particular needs. I look forward to working with you!
Unknown - Click here to ask Kevin McDonald
My Studio Equipment
Studiobricks ONE vocal isolation booth
Neumann TLM-103 microphone
Universal Audio Apollo Twin
MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2014)
Adobe Audition CC 2017
Pro Tools 12.8 (Avid Pro Tools Operator certified)
I spent many years as a creative and technical writer. I also have experience translating English that was written by non-native speakers into English that is "normal" for a North American audience. I would enjoy helping you get your scripts in order, and ready for your intended audience.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Kevin McDonald by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Kevin McDonald is a Premium subscriber.
• Kevin McDonald was last active on Voice123 10 days ago