Warm, professional, corporate, personal
Warm, straight, professional, personal, executive.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern & hillbilly comedy voices, concerned father, old hockey player (Old time hockey!), inquisitive, alluring, executive, hard sell, soft sell, personal
My Voice Experience
12 years of commercial radio from 1985-1997, and freelance after that. 26 years behind the microphone one way or the other.
Life after radio has had me gravitate toward business, and projects have included a variety of companies, including:
Planeto (social media)
Rest Alive (social media)
Aprobo Floors (acoustic flooring)
Dale Carnegie Training (training)
CFWE Edmonton (radio imaging)
The Twister Nebraska (radio imaging)
For me, it's about fun, getting the client what they want, with quick turn-around times & good relationships.
May daily life includes business, business, and more business and I am a consultant/coach in areas of Executive Team Development, Leadership, Sales, Communication & Presentations.
When it comes to voiceover training, it started by walking in off the street and asking for a job at the radio station in 1985. Duration of the radio life until 1997 was a training ground, learning from colleagues, air-checks, production critiques, etc.
After commercial radio, came business, leadership, sales, communication, and presentation skills training which is highly relevant (all of it) due to its focus on communication.
Life as a professional musician/singer/recording artist has also added to the voice-over skills via individual vocal training (that I still do), learning of vocal exercises, warmups etc. along with countless live performances where maximizing vocal output is at the forefront.
My Studio Equipment
Pro Tools 9 Recording Software
I've got my trusty iMac with plenty of drive storage & file upload/sharing software (You Send It, Dropbox etc)
AKG & ADK condenser mics, and a variety of dynamic mics
A solid radio imaging production library
There are a few key skills to mention:
1) EASY TO WORK WITH. I like people, and I like voice work. You'll find me easy to get along with, professional, and flexible.
2) ABILITY TO ADAPT TO A CONTEXT. This skill is at a high level, especially a business context, coming from working with a variety of businesses in my consulting life. I work with local, national, and international companies, and part of my job improving their business is to understand their business. What this means for you, the voice over client, is that you can trust that I will learn & understand what you are trying to accomplish with your voice over. Whether it is a goal to sell more, add credibility to a brand, reach out personally inform, or entertain. If I don't know, I'll find out.
3) RELENTLESS PURSUIT. I like to aim for the best voice texture as possible. I am a person who can play with it, re-voice it a 100 times (if necessary) in order to get warmed up, and feel that the vocal texture the client is getting is the best that I have. I am just not interested in only taking the money and running & doing a so-so job. I work at this as an art-form, so I put in the extra time without charging extra for that...just to secure what I feel is best quality.
4) Flexible. If script changes or re-reads are necessary, I do my best to respond quickly to help meet the client's needs.
Payment Methods Accepted
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Evan Westerlund by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Evan Westerlund is a Standard subscriber.
Evan Westerlund does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Evan Westerlund was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Evan Westerlund does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Evan Westerlund was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.