Deep African American Male
My voice is best described as: Deep, Masculine, Authoritative, Smooth, Passionate, Aggressive, Loving, and Pastoral. And a bunch of other five dollar words.
I have a Masters Degree in Communications and I have given hundreds of attention grabbing speeches through Toast Masters.
I have been a Voice Actor since 2002, and the projects that I've done have ranged from T.V. commercials, to IVR voice prompts.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
There are several recognizable professional Voice Actors that I have been mistaken for, such as Rodney Saulsberry, John Garry and Hansai Issa.
When narrating, my straight reads are warm and authoritative.
The characters that I can perform are: Preacher, Video Game Bad guy, Thug (ebonics), 40's Gangster, James Earl Jones, Morgan Freeman, New Orleans Creole, Buffalo Soldier (Black Cowboy), Dumb Jock, WWE Wrestler, and Holloween Caracters.
My Voice Experience
My most recent work has been in IVR services, animation, public address announcing and as an actor in a narrative role in an independent film.
Clients include: Midwest Center of Media Literacy (web), Kill Peter, Pay Paul (film), The River Radio (online promo) and Arrival Point Productions (web).
I have a B.A. in Mass Communications
I have a B.A. in Corporate Communications
I also have a M.A. in Communications from Lindenwood University in St. Charles Missouri.
VO training with September Day Carter in Atlanta.
My Studio Equipment
I use Adobe Audition 3, Adobe Sound Booth and Sound Forge for audio editing. AKG Perception 220 Microphone, and an MBox 2 on my Sony VAIO.
As a graduate student, I was able to fine tune my skills in video editing using both Avid Dv and Final Cut Pro editing software. I have a much better understand of timing and all that goes in to producing quality voice over material.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact E.J. Smith by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently E.J. Smith is a Standard subscriber.
• E.J. Smith was last active on Voice123 3 days ago