Believable, guy next door, genuine, conversational
Super flexible. Deep voice, convincing, honest, authoritative, believable. Over the top funny, crazy when necessary. I can sing, scream, cry, whisper, or go all Billy Mays when called for. I am Texas cowboy, southern gentleman, or sophisticated rich Yankee guy. Wry, calm, perky, honest, open, cut-to-the-chase, sarcastic, happy, giddy,gruff, gritty, haughty, innocent, secretive, emotional, bored, gay, inquisitive, playful, cool, witty, sexy, crazed, grumpy, earnest, angry, grounded, trustworthy, confident, relaxed. News announcer, DJ, weatherman, sportscaster, tough guy, shy guy, scared, frightened, mean, bully, fearful, afraid, whiny, bothersome, uptight, loose, annoying, lovable, hateful, Sam Elliott, hip, sixties, drunk, stoned, vicious, soldier, patriot, conservative, informative, announcer, doctor, patient, victim, believable, genuine, conversational, warm, friendly, gentle, soothing.
It's all there.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Texas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Banker, cowboy, southern drawl, redneck, elite, fatherly figure, hip college type, grizzled old man, sophisticated rich guy, nutty crazy guy, your best friend, your worst enemy.
My Voice Experience
Singing and acting experience, public speaker. I work voice overs full time, this is not a part time hobby for me, it's my life.
Studied in the RTF (Radio, Television, Film) Department of The University of Texas Austin, as part of the curriculum leading toward a Communications degree. Voice Over Intensive Certification, Janice Dean Communications, San Antonio, Texas.
My Studio Equipment
Marshall MXL009 and RODE microphones, Nady Phantom Power, CEntrance mic port, Dell computers, Windows Vista and 7, Avid Vocal Studio, Pro Tools SE, Record Pad, WavePad Sound Editor, Harlan Hogan Voice Over Essentials Porta-Booth Pro, fully baffled home studio. Huge library of sound effects and background music.
I was lead singer in a very successful rock band in Austin, Texas for several years. Business Analyst for a top 150 company on the Fortune 500 for 11 years.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Douglas B Smith by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Douglas B Smith is a Standard subscriber.
Douglas B Smith does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Douglas B Smith was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Douglas B Smith does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Douglas B Smith was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.