Announcer, trailers, Characters, commercials
low and slow for intense promos, warm and rich for PSA's, upbeat and excited for Commercials, smooth and authoritative for Professional Presentations, dynamic and engaging for narrations.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Santa Claus, scary German, Lateral S Guy, Yogi Bear, Cowardly Lion, Old Jewish Lady, Thick Irish, stereotyped Irish, Prim & Proper British, Cockney British, Russian, Outrageous French accent, Game Show announcer, Game Show host, Sportscaster, Harry Caray, Michael Buffer, Don Pardo, Don LaFontaine, Charlton Heston, James Cagney, Stoner, Surfer, Christopher Walken, Chris Farley, Stewie from Family Guy, Darth Vader, Southern Hillbilly, New Yorker, New York Italian, off-the-boat Italian, European, Stereotyped asian, I'll take a crack at nearly any accent or impression you can think of.
My Voice Experience
I started out as a morning show intern at a classic rock station in Syracuse NY. It took all of 5 minutes on my first day for a caller to give me my permanent on-air nickname: Doobie - as I share the name Michael McDonald with the famous lead singer of the Doobie Brothers. My first paid gig in Radio was donning a giant polyester sun costume in the sweltering summer heat of the Great New York State Fair. After that I was a rising star...get it? Sun...star?...anywho; I started writing,voicing, and producing parody songs and commercials for our morning show and after a few months became the full time producer. In keeping with Radio's long standing tradition of many hats with few heads, I also did fill-in voicetracking, commercials, PSA's, appearances, stage announcing, live events, and live remotes. Now, after hearing "you should get into voiceover work" for the one millionth time, I've moved to New York City...and Robert is your fathers' brother.
Does the school of hard knocks count?
My Studio Equipment
access to studio with Rode mics and Cool Edit Pro.
good memorization skills, excellent writing skills...both comedic and otherwise, Grace under pressure in live event situations, ability to ad-lib/vamp for time. Willing to try anything
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
To contact Michael McDonald by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Michael McDonald is a Standard subscriber.
• Michael McDonald was last active on Voice123 112 days ago