Character actor, regional accents, singer, humor
My voice is in the baritone-bass range and is appropriate for reading, storytelling, as well as acting.
I can do American and British regional accents and have extensive stage experience.
I have recorded commercials, promotional messages, and dramatic roles. I read articles from a national publication for the sight-impaired. I have also appeared in training films.
I also sing in two bands -- one rock and one blues. I have also sung in country and jazz bands.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, Texas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
US: Southern, East Texas, NYC, Midwest, New Orleans
UK: Cockney, BBC [received pronunciation], Scottish, Liverpool, Midlands, Northern Irish, Irish.
I do a fairly passable Darth Vader and an excellent Dr. John [I recognize that the latter is seldom used].
I can create a character and maintain it over time for additional episodes/films/commercials.
My Voice Experience
1. TV Commercial series for Don's and Ben's Liquors [voice over]
2. Off-screen voice for TV pilot "Under Nitrous" [in post-production].
3. Promotional materials for KLRN-TV [PBS] in San Antonio, as well as voice presentation related to their auction and fundraising.
Recent Film: Voice character in live action film Cualquier2013
Reading for Sight Impaired:
1. UU WORLD magazine -- paid reading of selected articles on a quarterly basis
2. OWL Radio -- volunteer weekly reader for sight-impaired individuals
I have a BA in History/Political Science and an MS in International Relations.
I have been a stage actor for more than 40 years and have won best actor awards in England and the United States.
I have sung and played guitar with several musical groups and am currently in The Tim and Bob Show [a rock and roll cover band] and Sellers & Hymel [an acoustic blues duo].
I have acted as Master of Ceremonies at formal and informal functions for several decades
I am also a published author of poetry, commentary, fiction, and drama.
My Studio Equipment
I have an in-home studio where I do recording. I use a YETI Blue professional microphone and deliver mp3 recordings to my clients via email attachments or DROPBOX.
I have lectured in England, Germany, and the United States on International Political Relations. I have also led and facilitated large groups of people in my former career of education publications.
I have done hands on and video training, and have also participated in industrial promotional videos.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
To contact Don Hymel by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Don Hymel is a Standard subscriber.
Don Hymel does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Don Hymel was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Don Hymel does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Don Hymel was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.