Soft, assertive, well spoken (not
Soft and warm yet assertive, well spoken (but not too "posh"), well modulated) London, English accent.
Smooth and professional for presentations, etc.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Denise Rayner
My Voice Experience
Presented a corporate video for Willis Caroon Insurance Brokers.
Interviewed by GMTV about "how slimming is hindered by other people's influences).
A Marketing Presenter for Government Agency, the Central Office of Information.
Unknown - Click here to ask Denise Rayner
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Denise Rayner
A Member of the Chartered Institute of
Public Relations since 1985
• Starting at London Broadcasting Radio, then Thames TV and moving on to the Central UK Government, I’ve been blessed with a proactive and robust, whilst always diplomatic approach; gravitas and credibility. I am a passionate, confident, results driven, creative and effective sales person, publicist; a clear and creative writer; conceptual designer, impressive and persuasive presenter; excellent organiser; team-leader as well as team-player; a productive fund-raiser and successful securer of sponsorship. I am also a thorough researcher who seeks out stakeholder’s needs and fulfils their requirements. I have a very keen eye for detail and am a very experienced proof-reader.
An all-round marketing, public relations/publicity professional, quick to grasp news angles and opportunities to produce targeted results. An ideas person with a can-do approach applied extensively in past Government and multi-media positions.
In short - a one-woman advertising and PR agency with fantastic associates to assist if and when necessary to always achieve brilliant results for my clients.
• Worked for Thames Television for 10 years and gained a lifetime of contacts and knowledge of the TV world. This was very useful in my next post at COI, where gaining ‘free’ TV airtime for fillers (Government owned public information films, on often life-saving “health, safety and welfare” issues) was my aim, which I achieved very successfully. Clients included: Department of Health; Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Department of Trade and Industry; Home Office; Department of Transport; Foreign and Commonwealth Office; Department for Works and Pensions; Maritime and Coastguards Agency and the Ministry of Defence.
• Working for Government Agency, the Central Office of Information, I annually achieved circa £40 million worth of free airtime from TV stations following my introduction of new concepts to promote Government sponsored Public Information Films on health, safety and welfare issues, increasing past Government records by 40%.
• At a time of enormous political sensitivity, and faltering COI understanding and appreciation, the future of the “50 year old COI/TV filler system” was in great danger of becoming commercialised. This would have ultimately led to the demise of this system and a loss of more than £40 million of free airtime annually donated to the Government.
I personally presented this danger to a Whitehall meeting of all Government Heads of Information at their monthly meeting. According to my religion I should have stayed in mourning for at least a week following the death of my Mother but felt it imperative I make the Heads of Information aware of the danger of their actions. As Head of the TV Marketing Unit, I made an unprepared speech to demonstrate and explain these dangers and was successful in stopping these plans from going ahead."
• As a Press Officer with Defra (Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs), I was tasked with organising a Press Conference for MP Michael Meacher to announce that the Government were giving £100,000 to the “Save the Great Ape” campaign. I needed to create a photo opportunity to allow Mr. Meacher to be pictured with a gorilla – but the story referred to great apes in the wild and not behind cages at a zoo. I was also concerned that Mr. Meacher could potentially be mauled by the gorilla. I remembered The Rainforest Café in London’s Piccadilly which has animatronics on a lifelike “gorilla mountain”. I asked the Café, who agreed to allow the Press Conference to be held there free of charge; more press and photographers attended the conference than ever attended usual Defra conferences, including TV and radio; and Mr. Meacher personally wrote to me after the event to thank me for my, (his words), “innovative work and amazing results”.
July 2005 to present - DRPR – International (PR Consultants)
I am offering marketing, public relations and media liaison; event organization; sponsorship and corporate hospitality services on a freelance basis. Following London winning the bid to host the 2012 Olympics and as I am based in East London – near the Olympic area - I offer full marketing, web-site creation and related services.
December, 2001 to June 2005
CAMPAIGN MANAGER – Defra (Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)
I worked with Ministers and Senior Government Officials on the presentation of departmental policies and related issues to the media, stakeholders and general public. I worked on such issues as “Sustainable Development”; “Lead in Paint”; “Climate Change” and “Radon Gas”. The creation, production and promotion of publicity and information materials such as video, leaflets and posters, and securing their use by interested parties through cross-government promotion and independent direct marketing. Heavy involvement in Defra’s Illegal Imports campaign, banning food and plants materials from being brought into the UK from outside the EU. Developing projects related to the Freedom of Information Act and, as a result of stakeholder research, the production of a newspaper for “Communicating with Farmers”.
Volunteer Press Steward at Queen’s Golden Jubilee Celebrations & the Queen Mother’s Funeral.
April 1991 to July 2001
A Consultant with STOPGAP, a specialist marketing recruitment agency, undertaking a series of short-term Government contracts as follows:
October, 2001 to December 2001
INTERIM PRESS OFFICER – CAFCASS (CHILD & FAMILY COURT ADVISORY & SUPPORT SERVICES)
July, 2001 to October, 2001
INTERIM PRESS OFFICER – TRANSPORT for LONDON
Press Officer, specifically dealing with media matters relating to the Public-Private Partnership legal challenge - for London Mayor, Ken Livingston and Transport Commissioner Bob Kiley. Organising media interviews and handling enquiries for national TV and press. Press work for London Buses.
February 2001 to June, 2001
INTERIM COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - YOUTH JUSTICE BOARD UK
Press Officer/Communications for this Home Office, non-departmental Government agency. Included: preparation of Press Conference material for the Prime Minister and Jack Straw on youth crime issues and the shortening of the “arrest to sentencing period”. Sourcing case-study material for journalists; writing articles on the youth justice reforms for external and internal publications; assisting the organisation of the YJB Annual Convention.
September 2000 to February, 2001
INTERIM PRESS AND PUBLICITY MANAGER – UK PASSPORT AGENCY
Creation and implementation of the internal and external communications strategy for the UKPA’s London relocation in summer 2001. (Website, advertising, and press office development).
April 2000 to September 2000
• COMMUNITY RELATIONS EXECUTIVE - ONE2ONE PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS
Dealing with the Press; local MPs; local Councils and the general public on issues relating to the fear of health risks from mobile phones and masts.
• PRESS OFFICER/ PUBLICATIONS COPYWRITER - NATIONAL SAVINGS
Handling media enquiries; writing press releases; briefing notes and general press work. Copy-writing the National Savings Financial Advisers Guide (product brochure). I wrote various articles for financial press and internal staff publications.
EVENT MANAGER - MARIA ADDERLEY AND ASSOCIATES
Organisation/sponsorship support for: exhibitions, conferences, corporate hospitality and incentive packages.
July 96 to April 2000
MARKETING MANAGER - THE LONDON BUREAU (TV PR CONSULTANCY)
Responsible for marketing and promotion of the company. Total organisation of promotional dinner at The Institute of Directors. Production of cost-effective promotional photographic display at above event. Production of company brochure, newsletters and entire range of corporate literature. Preparation of new business presentations, achieving new business. Management of research survey, creating enormous positive PR for the company.
July ‘91 to July ’96
SALES PRODUCTION AND MARKETING MANAGER – TV FILLERS - (COI - Government Agency)
Management of the TV Marketing Unit – heading up a team of five - the liaison between COI's Film and Television Division and all TV broadcasters: BBC, ITV, Satellite and Cable. Managing, promoting, and securing airtime for the FREE transmission of public service information films (TV fillers) on a wide variety of Government health, safety and welfare issues, e.g. road safety, blood donors, firework safety. Involved the use of all marketing disciplines: conference/meeting organisation, delivering sales presentations; producing newsletters and brochures; market research, negotiating with colleagues and clients.
Jun ‘90 to July ‘91
PRESS OFFICER - COI LONDON AND S.E. REGIONAL PRESS OFFICE
Writing and distribution of Press Releases on behalf of various Government Departments. The production of marketing material from concept to writing, design, and print stage for many London Training and Enterprise Councils. Supporting and accompanying Senior Government Ministers on Official Visits
Dec.’87 to Jun ’90
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING - DOCKLANDS COMMUNICATIONS LTD
• Head of the company with six members of staff reporting to me.
• Editor/Publisher of two bi-monthly Docklands magazines.
• Director and Organiser of Docklands Business and Property Exhibitions, involving liaison with Sir Geoffrey Howe and The Rt. Hon. Kenneth Clarke. Organisation of associated conference at exhibition. Responsible for all event publicity. Secured sponsorship for the exhibitions from British Gas.
• Marketing Director, promoting the marketing services of the company encompassing - print, design, public relations, photographic and direct marketing.
Jan ‘87 to Dec.’87
PRESS AND PUBLICITY MANAGER –PETER STILES PRESENTATIONS LTD
(Conference & Special Event Organisers - including The Berkeley Square Ball).
Responsible for organisation of corporate promotional events, press and public relations, production of sales and marketing literature.
July ’83 to Jan.’87
MKTG & PR EXECUTIVE - EQUINOX COMPUTERS
Responsible for all public relations and event organisation, (conferences, etc)
Feb.’75 to July ’83
SALES SUPERVISOR - THAMES TV LTD
Creation, organisation and budget control of sporting and entertainment special events calendar for Thames TV client entertaining. Included Wimbledon, Frank Sinatra at the Albert Hall, Ella
Fitzgerald in Concert, Stevie Wonder and Barry Manilow in Concert, Marquees at the Henley Royal Regatta, a Box at Ascot and dinner at the Arts Club.
Jan ‘74 to Feb’75
PRESS OFFICER - “LBC” - LONDON BROADCASTING - RADIO STATION
I was responsible for all press and public relations activities, working with John Snow and Janet Street-Porter.
EDUCATION ʘ TRAINING ʘ SKILLS ʘ MEMBERSHIPS
When I was 9 years old my Father died unexpectedly at the age of 41, leaving my family destitute. I swore to myself that I would start earning as soon as I was old enough – and I have never stopped. In the past I have not had time to study for a degree or diploma as I have been too busy working. I am however, halfway through a diploma course at present.
• Currently completing a ‘Post-Graduate Diploma in Public Information’ course with Trinity and All Saints College, Leeds.
• Received CRB clearance by the UK Passport Agency and signed the Official Secrets Act for Government work – 1991.
• Represented school in National Public Speaking competitions.
• Presentation Skills Training with Burson-Marsteller
• Various Management and Government Information Services (GIS) Courses
• Information Officer Management Unit Assessment Board entry into GIS (1991).
• A member of the British Academy of Films and Television Arts - BAFTA
• A full member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations since 1985
• ‘O’ Level; Art; Mathematics; Geography; English Language; English Literature; Biology.
OTHER INFORMATION: Nationality: British
Owner of: Full, clean and current Driving Licence. Home office consists of 2 PCs, 2 printers, office desk and chair, filing cabinet, webcam, scanner and fax machine, MS Office Professional Edition 2003, IBM ThinkPad laptop, two separate, different phone lines and a multitude of software. A positive outlook, sociable manner and light sense of humour! It helps keep you sane!
USA (Los Angeles and San Francisco, San Diego, Washington, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, New York), India, The Bahamas, throughout Europe extensively, Canary Islands, West Africa (The Gambia), Egypt, Israel, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey.
Interests: The theatre and all the arts, country walks, keeping fit, mastering new skills. Fully qualified holder of Diploma in Crystal Healing from the International College of Crystal Healing. Fully qualified Reiki Master (Reiki Spiritual Healing).
Voluntary work: A member of the Spotlighters Charity Amateur Theatre Group producing professional standard musical shows in London’s West End to raise funds for various charities working with handicapped children. We bought them much needed equipment to cure or ease their illnesses.
This Included acting as a member of the cast; theatre production; the marketing and publicity for each show; production of each souvenir brochure; securing sponsorship; brochure advertising and fund-raising for these charities, donating approx £150K per annum. This was all carried out in my spare time, without pay. The “payment” for me was the fun and enjoyment doing the shows and the enormous satisfaction from raising so much money for the charities.
Shows I appeared in and raised money for include:
“How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” - RADA’s Vanbrugh Theatre, London W1
“My Fair Lady” - New London Theatre, London, W1
“The Wizard of Oz” Broadway Theatre, NW9
“The Pajama Game”- RADA’s Vanbrugh Theatre
“Applause” - Collegiate Theatre, London W1
“South Pacific” – Collegiate Theatre, London W1
“Sweet Charity” – RADA’s Vanbrugh Theatre,London W1
“Funny Girl” – RADA’s Vanbrugh Theatre W1
“Fiddler on the Roof “ - RADA’s Vanbrugh Theatre
“Mame” - - RADA’s Vanbrugh Theatre W1
“Guys and Dolls” - RADA’s Vanbrugh Theatre
“Chicago” - RADA’s Vanbrugh Theatre W1
REFERENCES (available on request) from the following organisations:
1 Defra (Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)
2 UK Passport Service
3 Foreign & Commonwealth Office
4 Youth Justice Board
5 Central Office of Information
Denise Rayner 29th June, 2010
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
To contact Denise Rayner by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Denise Rayner is a Standard subscriber.
Denise Rayner does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Denise Rayner was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Denise Rayner does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Denise Rayner was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.