luscious, rich, warm, smooth, sultry, comforting
Though my voice is most noted for it's warmth and richness, having been an actress for over 30 years, I am a chameleon. I am not afraid of any challenge you might have to offer. I can be anything from a cooing baby to the most frightening "Kate" (Taming of the Shrew), to a goofy "Lucy". Or, I can be the sultry seller of vacation dreams, the hard selling business woman, the inquisitive naturalist, the loving mother.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, Irish, Brooklyn, Southern U.S, multitude of character voices
My Voice Experience
After being a stage and film actress for over 30 years, I began in voice by auditioning for, and being accepted into the roster of, a local animation studio. Since that time, I have attended many, many voice-over workshops. My instructors have included Bill Holmes, Joyce Castelanos, Debbie Munro, Julie Williams, Elaine Clarke, Bob Bergen, and Bettye Zoller-Seitz, to name but a few.
- have voiced poems for a collection to raise money for Haiti
- voiced a robot in a music video
- am the narrator of an online "radio" play about the future
- am the narrator of an online instruction manual teaching blind people how to use a popular software program
- am "Mother Brightly" in an Anime series
- volunteer for a "not-for-profit" group that records news stories for the blind and illiterate.
I love doing voice work. I am excited and energetic about this industry. I am hard working and dedicated and pride myself on my attention to detail, timeliness and professionalism.
Formal Academic Training:
- University of Calgary – Drama – Faculty of Drama
- Singing – Grade 7 Royal Conservatory
- Dalhousie University, Bachelor of Laws
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Master of Laws
Voice Over Specific:
General: Elaine Clark: Voice Acting; Deb Munro: Voicelympics Voice Cruise (2009), Copy Biz, The Voice Biz 1 and 2; Julie Williams: Voicelympics Voice Cruise (2009); Bill Holmes: Voicelympics Voice Cruise (2009), Voice 2010; Voices 2008 and 2010: Various Instructors/Los Angelos, CA; Jonathon Love - Weekend Voice-Over Introduction
Animation: Bob Bergen: Voicelympics Voice Cruise (2009), Voices 2008; Debbie Munro: Getting Loopy (ADR/DUBBING & IMPROV), Creating Voices 1 and 2; Chinook Animation: Voice Tooning: Release the Voices Within
Audiobooks/Narration: Scott Brick: Reading for a Living; Bettye Zoller-Seitz: Audio Book Narration; Paul Boucher - Narration; Bob Wood/Elaine Clark/Sarah Kliban: Advanced Narration; Melissa Gray/Kathy Garver: Long Form Narration
Promos: Joyce Castellanos: Voicelympics Voice Cruise (2009)
My Studio Equipment
Professional home studio using Twisted Wave software for recording and editing purposes.
I possess both a bachelor and a master of laws (LL.B, LL.M) and was employed in the oil and gas industry for over 25 years. I am part of a blended family and so a mother of five! I love to travel, love people and cultures and am an extremely positive person. I am responsible, trustworthy, and a hard-working, type A personality. You can rely on me to get the job done on time and on budget. I also have a great sense of humor and I am always laughing and singing. I am a lot of fun to work with.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Dawn Harvey by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Dawn Harvey is a Standard subscriber.
• Dawn Harvey was last active on Voice123 347 days ago