Dynamic, engaging voice with fine timbre and tone.
Dynamic and engaging male voice, full of expression. I can easily put an 'edge' on my voice when the script demands it.
For narrations I can use variety of pitch and tone to create and maintain interest and enjoyment. For some commercials I can ramp up the energy, or introduce a mildly husky tone for more personable and mellow reads.
For professional presentations, I can muster the necessary energy and focus.
I am a member of MEAA (Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance).
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Australian
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Victor Harbor, Australia
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Australian, OCKER Australian (this is the most recognised Australian accent), English, English Posh, Standard American
My Voice Experience
I have done 'live' voice over work for stage productions.
I have done reads for commercials and instructional videos, including dramatic parts for cartoons.
I have done reads for promotional videos.
Sessions with two different voice-over coaches, one of whom produced my first Demo.
Minor dramatic roles.
Personal Voice-Over tuition with Abbie Holmes (Victoria, Australia).
Australian Radio School Voice-Over Tuition with Eddie Bye (Adelaide, Australia).
Voice-Over tuition with Kristin Price (Edge Studios, New York).
My Studio Equipment
Rode NT1-A microphone with pop shield and shock mount.
Onyx Blackjack Premium 2 x 2 USB Recording Interface (Mackie).
KRK Rockit 5 Monitors.
Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones.
iSK Recording booth.
ProTools 10 software
I am able to 'read with understanding' in many fields. I enjoy the challenge of communicating any script to its target audience in the best possible way.
I take part in the reading of newspaper articles for the Royal Society of the Blind (South Australia) once per month on a roster system.
I enjoy acting; I am currently taking acting classes with Adelaide Artists Agency.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact David Robson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently David Robson is a Premium subscriber.
• David Robson has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours