Warm, believable, Strong, Authoritative, friendly, Guy next door
I have a rich, warm, real-person style but can also be strong and convincing. I am a solid narrator for corporate, military, aviation, medical and industrial projects. I also do over 35 different characters and celebrity voices as well as many different accents such as Oxford English, German, Russian and more.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
South Lyon, Michigan, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Oxford English, great for narrations and upscale products, Euro-Russian
again, very useful for narrations, historial accounts, etc.
My Voice Experience
I am a life-long voice actor with over 47 years of experience Twenty three years of which where in radio. Nineteen years working for ABC and Westinghouse owned-and-operated major market stations. I've worked for all the car companies in America. I have also worked for many medical establishments such as Henry Ford Hospital, McClarin Health Services,
Geisinger Health Systems, Huron Valley Hospital, Lewisburg Cancer Center, Pfizer and Schering-Plough. I'm a solid documentary narrator as well. I am the narrator
on "Discoving Secrets of the Vatican" and also, "Fishing
Boat Tordenskjord", for PBS.
After I graduated from Broadcast school, I worked locally in Pennsylvania radio. and in 5 years, went to work for ABC at WRIF(Detroit) and later, Westinghouse at WLLZ radio, also in Detroit as Production Director. I wrote and produced spots and presentations as well as branching out into freelance voice over work very early on. Voice over jobs very quickly became my dominant income and I left radio in the early '90's. I voice coached for ten
years as well. I now do voice over work all over the world.
My Studio Equipment
Pro Tools recording plus a high end, Sound Deluxe E-47 tube mic, fired by a high end, Universal Audio 6176 tube amp. I have phone patch and can send WAV, AIFF or mp3 files, online in a
matter of minutes as well as editing the project.
I was a voice coach for those just starting out as well as others who wanted to
improve their craft or who want to transition from radio into voice overs. Having a good voice is only a start. Anyone can read. However,if you can't act or interpret copy, you're as marketable as a nice looking car.....with no steering wheel.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Dave Simmons by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Dave Simmons is a Standard subscriber.
• Dave Simmons was last active on Voice123 120 days ago