versatile, warm, enthusiastic, laid back, strong
When doing phone message recording (interactive voice prompts, etc.), I can assume a professional tone.
For documentary style reading, educational spots (audio books, CDs, etc.) or narrations, I can produce a voice that has character and depth and am able to build the right type of emotional appeal depending on the subject matter.
My commercial and announcement voice can be upbeat, inviting, confident, yet not so "Radio"-ish. If the commercial (TV or radio) is presenting a product/service with a more sentimental or mature appeal, I can assume a warm, calm, soothing or friendly and casual voice with a sense of style.
If a project calls for a sincere but enthusiastic voice presence that carries some authority (technical or professional service commercial), my voice can do that, due to my being a software/Web developer having given many presentations to company staff.
My ability to carefully read a script (including conveying correct interpretation of intent) with good, quality voice presentation enables me to effectively give “life” to the script.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Atlanta/Duluth, Georgia, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can do a close James Earl Jones ("Darth Vader") sound.
My Voice Experience
My presentation and acting skills began honing while in elementary school, doing several school plays.
My background also includes years of singing tenor with a vocal group in Cleveland, Ohio while in high school, at the same time performing with the school choral club. Public vocal performance continued after high school with other vocal and instrumental groups.
While in the military, I was asked to lead the troops to and from training because of the commanding voice I was able to muster as necessary for a large company sized unit.
I worked for a few years in the travel industry, including work at Disney World’s Central Reservation Office and Mark Travel Corporation. That work entailed describing vacation packages to prospective clients in such a way as to make a sale that day.
For the past 30 years, within my religious organization, I have put my ministry school speech and presentation training to work with public reading and speaking before congregations.
For the past 5 years, my singing has continued as I performed songs I wrote for an artist team called Elprocomm Revue (www.elprocommrevue.com).
Most recently, I completed a complete e-book voiceover job for the president of Power Entertainment, Leroy McMath, entitled "The Music Game: Playing to Win."
My vocal training mainly comes as a combination of vocal training by a choral club teacher and voice coach as well as the 30 years speech and presentation training I received by my religious organization ministry school.
In the travel industry, I received training to effectively present vacation packages over the phone with a “smile” in the voice, using soft and medium sell approaches.
I should add that the coaching I received while acting in school plays laid the basis for my ability to interpret scripts to get the proper feel and direction.
Finally, I cannot overlook the valuable aid received by Dan Balestrero’s voiceover CD course.
My Studio Equipment
My studio equipment consists of the following:
1) Edirol USB Audio Capture UA-25 (audio and MIDI interface, for capturing analog signal from microphone and converting to digitial for computer sound card interface)
2) AT3035 cardioid condenser microphone (large diaphragm for detail and low noise, wide dynamic range, and shock mount)
3) Adobe Audition (digital audio editing software for recording, mixing, editing, and mastering sound files)
I keenly understand that motivational presentation is key to voiceover work. If the message to be conveyed is not delivered clearly to the heart of the target audience, it is quite likely that the expected response will be missing.
In coaching members of vocal groups and solo singers, I have been in the seat of the producer trying to bring out the right touch, helping the artist understand what the “script” is all about.
Therefore, I am well aware of what is needed to convey the right “personality” for the script at hand.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Curtis Butler by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Curtis Butler is a Standard subscriber.
• Curtis Butler was last active on Voice123 51 days ago