warm & clear, characters, technical content
• For commercials, audiobooks, video games, promos, etc.:
I have a warm, relaxed voice, and a finely tuned sense for adjusting pitch, tone, and style. From serious or corporate, to motherly, sexy, or funny, I can produce a wide variety of accents and characters.
• For medical and other technical work:
I am extremely comfortable and competent with thick, academic material and multisyllabic words. My delivery is clear, well enunciated, and smooth — never stiff. I particularly enjoy this type of content.
• With an education degree and extensive teaching experience in corporate, academic, and educational contexts, I am well suited for voicing training content and presentations of all kinds.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
My Home Base
, Massachusetts, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Wicked awesome Boston, New Hampshuh Aye-uh, delicate American southern belle, tortured-heart country singer, colorful hillbilly, Call-your-mother Jewish, Toffee-nosed proper British, Top-'o'-the-marnin' Irish, Cockney (including a bit of rhyming slang even), French, Italian, German, Swedish, etc.
Frazzled mom, proud mom, doting mom, pushy mom — basically all the moms.
Down-home gal, newscaster, college student, Mrs. Cravitz busy body, I'll-be-in-my-trailer diva, incensed consumer, Oscar the Grouch, about-to-explode contest winner!, You-talkin'-to-me? bully, Miles-Crane hand wringer, just-chill-till-the-next-wave surfer, etc.
My Voice Experience
• Just out of college, I worked as a COPYWRITER at a radio station, where I learned how radio content is produced, learned to use a mic properly, and VOICED many of the ADS and PROMOS I wrote. I also SANG JINGLES FOR several ADS there.
• Soon, I got involved in MAKING CONTENT more ACCESSIBLE to people who are blind or visually impaired. This content has included books, TV shows, movies, plays, museum displays, and more.
- At a RECORDING FOR THE BLIND office specializing in technical content, I learned to READ TECHNICAL MATERIAL, such as mathematical formulas, scientific principles, and programming languages. I also WROTE AND READ clear, concise DESCRIPTIONS OF IMAGES AND DIAGRAMS embedded in the texts I was reading.
- As an AUDIO DESCRIBER at WGBH, I wrote verbal descriptions of the visual elements of TV shows and movies and learned the hallmarks of a good AUDIO DESCRIPTION NARRATOR. These include MATCHING THE SPEED, TONE, AND STYLE OF A PROGRAM's content, conveying a sense of engagement without interpretation or judgement, and offering a SUBTLE DELIVERY that blends in so well that users absorb it, but forget it's there. I often VOICED OUR AUDIBLE PROGRAM GUIDE, NARRATED SCRIPTS for non-broadcast clients, and TAUGHT OTHERS how to read and write descriptions.
• Through working as an advocate for people with medical issues and disabilities and as a writer/editor at a cancer hospital, I am SKILLED at deciphering and reading JARGON-HEAVY MEDICAL CONTENT, AND EXPLAINING IT to others in clear, straightforward language.
• I have a Bachelor of Science degree in theatre from Northwestern University and a Master of Education in Creative Arts in Learning from Lesley University. This training taught me how to create characters, use accents, and offer many styles of performance. It also solidified my ability to GRATEFULLY AND GRACEFULLY ACCEPT DIRECTION.
• Being a well-trained, versatile singer, I have EXCELLENT BREATH CONTROL, DICTION, AND STAMINA, for longer or tricky content.
• I have EXPERIENCE SINGING JINGLES and would love to do more of this kind of work.
• As a writer and editor, I am facile at sussing out what writers and/or producers have in mind, but am also respectful of the content and always ready to try a different approach.
My Studio Equipment
• Samson CO1U Studio Condenser Microphone
• Home recording booth
• Near a recording studio with reasonable rates
I have lots of experience with:
• Writing and editing
• Medical and technical content
• Singing and acting in theatres
• Singing in clubs and on street corners
• Teaching and reading to children
• Teaching people how to use their computers
(I specialize in working with older women with little to no computer experience.)
• Troubleshooting computer problems
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Cori Couture by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Cori Couture is a Standard subscriber.
Cori Couture does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Cori Couture was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Cori Couture does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Cori Couture was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.