Powerful, Resonant, Sexy, Likeable, Friendly
Colin speaks with a friendly, powerful resonant voice. He has an approachable but self-assured sound popular with voice seekers.
Direct and sincere for narrations, To the point and convincing for presentations, matter of fact to wacky for commercials.
Colin also speaks fluent Japanese.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - New Zealand
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
ENGLISH: Kiwi (New Zealand), Australian
JAPANESE: Standard or Nagoya dialect. American, British, French, Italian accent
My Voice Experience
Colin has 9 years experience as the popular week night radio voice for Radio-i FM in Central Japan. His friendly, down to earth Kiwi accent and fluent Japanese Radio voices are in strong demand in the voice services industry.
Colin is comfortable with bilingual podcasting, infomercials and as a voice actor. His extensive voice over career covers everything from TV commercial voice-overs to Corporate video voiceovers for Toyota, ESL text book voiceover work to even voice acting Star Wars characters in a Japanese Pachinko computer game.
From Fun to serious Colin is your voice talent!!
Japanese news announcer training, 2002
Commercial voice over course, 2001
Voice projection course, 2000
My Studio Equipment
Colin has a home studio in down-town Nagoya City.
Microphone: Electro Voice 0605-0247
Special Equipment: Edirol,ROLAND USB Audio Capture UA-4FX
SONY MDR-CD900ST Headphones
Software: Audition 3.0
Apart from Colin's years of experience in the Japanese broadcasting system, he is also a Communication Teacher, Wedding Celebrant and MC.
Colin also loves karaoke the ultimate of all voice-overs. His best renditions are of the Back Street Boys, Josh Groban and he does a mean Elton John "Your Song".
Payment Methods Accepted
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Colin Phipps by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Colin Phipps is a Standard subscriber.
• Colin Phipps was last active on Voice123 290 days ago