Character, cartoon, offbeat, edgy, compassionate
I can do dozens of characters; I am a man of many voices, ranges, attitudes and ability. My background is in theatre and with this training I have learnt to establish backgrounds and realities for each character I perform; the advantage to this is that each character I lend my voice to is fully realized and three-dimensional.
My natural speaking voice is a bit high and yet the characters I perform sound nothing like me. I often lend my vocal talents to prank phone calls or disguise my voice for corporate training purposes - I have yet to be detected. In addition to cartoony/comedic characters I am able to perform straight, casual narrative and compassionate, honest readings that lend themselves perfectly to PSAs or corporate messages/commercials.
Whatever your vocal need, I can provide it. I am brimming with inventive characters and sincere emotions.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Female
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Female
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Quebec, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British (RP), various celebrities (Blue Iris, Chris Walken) - very good at picking up on people's vocal idiosynchrisies - also very good at most comically, over-the-top stereotypical ethnic impersonations.
My Voice Experience
I am a graduate of the John Abbott College Professional Theatre program and have been acting all my life. I also host my own podcast: "The Bi-Quarterly Women's Social Club" where I announce, conduct interviews, make phoney phone calls, voice over, perform characters during skits and carry the 1 1/2 - 2 hour show every week.
I have performed in radio plays (The Third Man), my voice has been used to narrate indie movie trailers (The ATV stalker) and even been used to announce special incentives/warning for corporate purposes on their phone systems.
- Professional theatre graduate.
- Host of weekly, 20+ episode podcast (announcer, character voices, skits, prank calls, commercials).
- Has performed in radio plays.
- Has announced for movie trailers.
- Corporate broadcasting.
Various voice classes, acting, text, written and media classes through the John Abbott College professional theatre program.
Have taken theatre classes/courses all my life - studied British (RP), singing and character work with Rea Nolan.
My Studio Equipment
- Macbook pro with various professional recording/editing software.
- High quality Blue Yeti microphone.
- Silent, studio like environment.
- Produce 1-2 hour weekly podcast, reviews of show specifically mention high sound quality/attention to audio details.
I am a cooperative team player who takes direction very well and is always willing to try something new - a different take/pitch/voice.
I am extremely adaptable and flexible and love doing this kind of work. I take it seriously but am easy-going/professional to work with.
Having headed up projects myself I know how hard it can be when you are working with 'difficult' talent - in addition to a strong skill set, the number one thing I bring to the table is ease, friendliness and the ability to treat your project as if it was my own.
I'm there to make you're project shine, not to shine my ego.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Chris Wilding by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Chris Wilding is a Standard subscriber.
Chris Wilding does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Chris Wilding was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Chris Wilding does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Chris Wilding was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.