Characters, Smooth, Warm, Real, Fun, Impersonator
A Voice Actor specializing in creating unique and evocative Character Voices and impersonations/voice characitures, plus a pollished Spokesman capable of a wide variety of deliveries from warm and inviting, to fun and quirky, to hard-sell, offering a complete spectrum of emotions to bring life to scripts and sound "Real". Strong ability to connect with listener, whether for Radio, TV, Narrations, Animation, E-learning, Trainings, Audio Books, Podcasts, on-hold messages, voice mail greetings, or any type of voice over job you need filled. In short, I'm like Gumby. You can mold me any way you like because I take direction extremely well.
Roles: Narrator, Announcer, Storyteller, Characters, Everyman, Guy Next Door, Teacher, Spokesperson, Alpha male, Dad, Grandfather
Styles: Conversational, Professional, Friendly, Confident, Authentic,Informative, Upbeat, Warm, Laid-Back, Natural
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I have ipDTL in my studio
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I'm native to America, but have been hired for jobs as an Australian, British, Russian and Mexican, so my accents are obviouly fairly authentic.
Accents include (but not limited to): New Yorker/New Jersey, Mainer, Mid-Western, Canadian, Carolina/Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee/Kentucky, Texan, Western Cowboy, Mexican, Proper British, Cockney, Irish, Scottish, Australian, Indian, Russian, French, Italian.
My Voice Experience
33 year voice actor and radio voice veteran, having voiced and produced thousands of local and regional radio and TV commercials and promos, numerous National Radio commercials, Two feature-length documentaries for The National Geographic Wild Channel titled "Wild Mississippi" and "Florida Untamed", corporate industrial narrations (including Bayer, Konica-Minolta, HP/Intel, GE and Siemens), an audio book of "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, on-hold messages, voice mail greetings, podcasts (including Bayer Corp) and web site voice overs, animated character voices for commercials, videos, voice dubbing for movies, and even the voice of a toy for Fisher-Price.
I've voiced pieces for companies in countries around the world, including Germany, Italy, England, Ireland, Australia, The Netherlands, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Canada and across the U.S. Have also appeared as the main characters in a few TV commercials, including one as a devil and an angel on my own shoulders.
* The commercial and promo voice for CBS 2 Chicago TV
* Narrator for National Geographic Wild Channel's feature-length documentaries "Wild Mississippi" and "Florida Untamed"
* Narrator (including over 30 characters) for audio book of "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens
* The English voice for Bayer Corp podcasts, videos and elearning modules
* Voice of Han Solo for Stars Wars iPod Video Game
* Voice of Detective Dawson in online CSI Mystery Games
* Narrator & Character voices of online Faithstream children's stories
2 years in weekly Voice Actors Workshops with National Voice Actor and teacher Toni Silveri.
Character Voices and Audio Book Voice Actors Workshops with Acclaimed National Voice Actor and teacher Pat Fraley.
Voice Actors Workshop with National Voice Actor and teacher Josh Brewster.
33 years of on-the-job training as a Radio Voice Actor and Producer.
Associate Degree in Radio and TV Broadcasting from Tri-County Tech in Pendleton, SC.
My Studio Equipment
I do my daily (7 days a week) voice work (and occasional production) in my professional digital home studio, using a Sennheiser MKH 416 Shotgun Mic, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Interface, Adobe Audition digital editor and effects generator, and an iMac desktop computer. I also own a full digital sound effects library and a limited music library.
I have the availability to take direction via phone patch for voice sessions in my home studio, and have an arrangement with another professional studio to offer ISDN sessions when necessary.
I'm committed to a life-long pursuit of studying the proper use of grammar and enunciation in the English language, while still keeping my voice deliveries real and conversational.
I was a presenter of Natural Health Seminars.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Chris Nichter by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Chris Nichter is a Premium subscriber.
• Chris Nichter has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours