Warm Smooth Friendly Confident Engaging Sincere
Born and raised in Duluth, MN with a 'standard' Midwest accent. My voice is clear, warm, articulate, neutral, smooth, confident, believable, and engaging.
Young, youthful, bright, fresh, fun, energetic for mobile apps.
Grounded and authoritative for news and documentaries.
Clear and engaging for e-learning.
Assertive, deep, voice of God, and fun for promos and trailers.
Relaxed, natural, guy next door, Midwest, and friendly for commercials.
Versatile for videogames, characters, and ESL.
Solemn, somber, and compassionate for hospital, medical, and doctor reads.
Everyday, friendly, and conversational...to rich, serious, gutsy, and powerful.
"Thanks, Chris - These are perfect. If Voice123 lets me rate finished jobs, I'll give you the highest as you were a true pro to work with!"
—Jack Davies, Beauty Advisory Services, Branded Futures
"The client loved it! As usual, great work!"
— Scott Gray, President/CEO of Video Craft Productions, Inc.
"Great job and thanks for doing it so quickly…" —Nathan Gillis, Toshiba America Medical Systems
"Thank you for the files! Your narration really reflects what we were looking for: a clear, deep and warm voice. " — Matilde Bongio, Genenta Science sri
"Client loves the voiceover…" —Arty Goldstein, Animus Studios
"Chris, the client was very pleased with your work, as was I. Thanks for your prompt turn time and professional service." — Scott Gray, President/CEO of Video Craft Productions, Inc.
"Our project demanded a voiceover talent that could be both casual and refined at the same time. Chris was the perfect fit. From the high quality of his recording to the prompt delivery of the final product, Chris was a complete professional in every aspect." —Aaron Bryant, Hands On Films
"I'm quite pleased. Actually, as I sat here listening to it, your voice sounded very similar to the narrator on a Dale Carnegie audio book I have. I think this is going to be a gem! Thanks a lot!"
—Tom Sill, author of Top Business Skills You Need To Master
"I really do love this and have enjoyed working with you. :-)"
—Rhonda Hopkins, author of The Gift
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Midwest "standard" American English.
I can voice a range of characters of different ages, from teens to seniors.
I can read/narrate basic Japanese, too.
My Voice Experience
After graduating from the University of Minnesota, Duluth with majors in philosophy and psychology, I traveled to Tokyo in 1993 and taught English for several years. I soon began narrating textbooks and exams for English education publishers. With professional VO training and 15+ years of experience, I now do voiceover and narration full-time.
Notable voice projects and clients:
• Television, Radio, & Web commercials and promos for Mitsui, Starbucks, Uniqlo, Toshiba, Omron, NTT Group, Sumitomo Chemical, Panasonic, Honda Power Products, St. Louis Science Museum
• Corporate narration for P&G, Toyota, Dentsu, FujiFilm, Fujitsu, Toshiba, Hitachi, Honda, KAO, Mitsubishi, NTT DoCoMo, Panasonic, SONY, Yahoo Japan
• Mobile apps: Measure Map, Workday, TravBook, Be Still Prayer
• Audio guides for the National Museum of Modern Art (Tokyo), Suntory Museum of Art, Mitsui Museum, Mori Art Museum
• NHK World documentaries and other programs:
Design Talks, Samurai Wheels, Trails to Tsukiji, Side by Side, J-Tech
• Online news narration for Mitsubishi.com's ‘English Room’
• Financial and annual reports for Honda, Mitsui, ANA, Capcom, JAL, AEON, Ajinomoto
• TOEIC/TOEFL/EIKEN test & textbook narration for ALC Press, Cengage Learning, Goken, Kinseido, Lint, Obunsha; Seibido
• Video game voices:
Super Bomberman R (Plasma Bomber) — Konami
Mystery Chronicle: One-Way Heroics (Creatoire / Aerdou) — Spike-Chunsoft
Lunar Knights (Nero / Polidori ) — Konami
Michigan: Report form Hell (Mark Bockwinkle / Andy Stemboat) — Spike
Shenmue II (Baiyang Liu) — SEGA
100 Tough Questions for Japan by Itsasaka Gen
The Complete Guide to Mobile Business Success by Fadi Tawil
Top Business Skills You Need To Master: What Your Business Skills Say About You and How to Small Talk into Persuasion by Tom Sill
Dating by Persuasion: The Science behind How to Attract a Woman You Want Now by George Klein
Duplex by Michael James McFarland
The Gift by Rhonda Hopkins
Raised in Duluth, MN I was active on stage (school plays, community theater) along with school and church chorus (and a barbershop quartet).
Professional training under top VO coaches:
Pat Fraley | TV/Film Documentary & eLearning Narration Home Study Course
Talon Beeson | The VO Academy
Marc Cashman | Cashman Commercials
Elaine Clarke | Voice One
Don Cosgrove | The Talent Center
Peter Rofe | PDR Voice-over coaching
Edge Studio: PHASE 4 "THE ESTABLISHED PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM"
Attended VOICE 2010 in Los Angeles (The World’s Only Conference for Voice Actors)
My Studio Equipment
Treated vocal booth (with Real Traps' Mini Traps)
Mics: Neumann U87ai, CAD E100S, RODE NT1
Other gear: Golden Age 73, Speck 5.0 preamps
RME ADI-2 AD/DA converter
Yamaha MSP531 monitors
SONY dynamic stereo headphones
Pro Tools 11
IK Multimedia plug-ins
Smartsound music production tools
*Phone patch via Skype
intermediate Japanese proficiency
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Chris Koprowski by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Chris Koprowski is a Premium subscriber.
• Chris Koprowski has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours